1. At the beginning of the game, Black and White are equal.
2. The game will stay equal with correct play on both sides.
3. You can only win by your opponent's mistake.
4. Any attack launched in an equal position will not succeed, and the attacker will suffer.
5. You should not attack until an advantage is obtained.
6. When equal, do not seek to attack, but instead, try to secure an advantage.
7. Once you have an advantage, attack or you will lose it.
A successful attack against the king typically requires better center control, better development, and better king safety.
Frisco del Rosario