Network marketing and Amway, is it safe?
I know this is not chess related but i have done my research and wanted to share some facts and destroy some common myths about the industry in general.
This is a recent newscast in Australia just to give u a heads up on the latest.
The web site below will clear up other common attacks against this company and are factual and not opinions.
Amway – 50 Facts
1. Amway is a global leader in the $114-billion direct selling industry. More than three million Amway Business Owners operate independent businesses in more than 80 countries and territories around the world. Amway made US.$8.4 billion in 2009 in sales.
2. Amway and its subsidiaries employ more than 13,000 people worldwide.
3. Amway and its subsidiaries reported record sales of more than $7.1 billion for the year ending December 31,
4. Amway operates 65 Research and Development laboratories worldwide, staffed by more than 500 scientists, engineers, and technical professionals.
5. Amway Research and Development professionals have been awarded more than 500 patents and have had more than 400 papers published in top industry journals.
6. Amway is a leader in the U.S. Direct Selling Association, the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations, the National Association of Manufacturers, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
7. Amway was ranked #43 on the Forbes Magazine 2007 list of “America’s Largest Private Companies.”2007. 39th in 2008
8. Our eco-friendly home care products help maintain a cleaner environment and a cleaner home.
9. Amway owns the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and the JW Marriott Hotel in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan, as well as Peter Island Resort in the British Virgin Islands.
10. Amway owns the Laura Mercier™ line of cosmetics, which is sold in fine boutiques and department stores.
11. Amway manufacturing facilities are located in Ada, Michigan, USA; Dongnai Province, Vietnam.
12. Each year, 75 million units of soap, detergents, and cleansers; 150 million units of cosmetics; and 6 billion vitamin and mineral tablets are produced by Amway.
13. Amway operates six distribution centers across North America, totaling more than 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space.
14. Nutrilite™ is the world’s leading brand of vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements, according to 2007 sales figures.
15. In 2008, sales of Nutrilite™ products worldwide reached a record $3 billion.
16. More than 75 years ago, Nutrilite founder Carl Rehnborg created the first multivitamin/multimineral supplement sold in North America.
17. Nutrilite™ is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on its own certified organic farms.
18. Nutrilite operates 6,400 acres of farmland in the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil, where plants are grown and harvested in accordance with nature using sustainable, chemical-free methods.
19. Nutrilite scientists are at the forefront of a new scientific discipline called nutrigenomics, the study of how our genes interact with nutrients.
20. The Nutrilite Health Institute Scientific Advisory Board, a worldwide group of leading nutrition, health, and genetics scientists, helps guide the future of the Nutrilite™ brand.
21. The Nutrilite Health Institute Center for Optimal Health is a world-class teaching and training facility offering visitors a personal,
interactive path to optimal health.
22. Since its 1968 launch, the Artistry™ brand has become the only direct sell brand in the prestige skin care and cosmetics category with more than $1 billion in annual sales.
23. The Artistry™ brand is one of the world’s top five largest-selling prestige brands of facial skin care and color cosmetics.
24. More than 250 Artistry™ products are sold in more than 50 markets worldwide.
25. In 2007, the Artistry Scientific Advisory Board was established to lead Artistry researchers and scientists in the study of skin and skin care.
26. Artistry™ Creme L/X is the most luxurious, technologically-advanced product ever developed by Artistry scientists.
27. The Artistry Beauty Institute in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, is an in-depth, comprehensive training destination for Business Owners.
28. iCook™ Cookware offers the most advanced technology in stainless steel cookware, enabling busy families to eat healthier meals at home.
29. The eSpring™ Water Purifier was the first point-of-use system to combine carbon filtration with UV light technology, removing 99.99% of bacteria and viruses.
30. In Europe, Amway sells more point-of-use water filtration systems—our eSpring Water Purifier—than any other competitor, according to a study by the business research and consulting firm Frost & Sullivan.
31. The Atmosphere™ Air Purifier removes 99.99% of indoor airborne pollutants that pass through the system.
32. It would take 16 of the leading competitor’s air purifiers to do the job of one Atmosphere™ Air Purifier.
33. Since its 2003 launch, the Amway One by One Campaign for Children has given more than $52 million to make a difference in the lives of children around the world.
34. Since 2003, Amway employees and Business Owners have volunteered a combined 606,000 hours in support of One by One Campaign for Children projects.
35. The first product launched by Amway in 1959 was L.O.C.™ Liquid Organic Cleaner—one of the first-ever biodegradable cleaning products.
36. Amway recycles up to 95% of recyclable waste produced at our manufacturing facility in Ada, Michigan, USA.
37. Amway was an early innovator in the use of biodegradable surfactants in its SA8™ Laundry Detergents and its cleaning products.
38. No synthetic chemical pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers are used on the organic acreage where the plants used in Nutrilite™ concentrates are grown.
Endorsements and Sponsorships
39. Volleyball champion Gabrielle Reese and championship runner Sanya Richards are spokespeople
for Nutrilite™ products
40. International soccer star Ronaldinho (born Ronaldo de Assís Moreira), a two-time Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Player of the Year, is a celebrity spokesperson for the Nutrilite™ brand.
41. International celebrity chef Jason Roberts serves as the Global Ambassador and Culinary Expert for iCook™ cookware.
42. The Artistry™ brand is the official skin care and cosmetics sponsor of Skate Canada events, and the Skate Canada national team.
Amway Business Owners
43. Globally, Amway has paid its Business Owners more in performance-driven bonuses than any other direct selling company in history.
44. The top health and beauty brand in China is Amway.
45. Amway Business Owners follow Rules of Conduct and a Code of Ethics designed to protect themselves, their customers, and the Company.
Overall Brand—Creating Change With a Caring Touch
46. Through Amway’s One by One Campaign for Children, we’re creating change with a caring touch by volunteering in communities where we live and work.
47. The Amway business opportunity enables people all over the globe to create meaningful change in their lives and to leave something of value to their children.
48. We care about our Business Owners’ success, so we equip them with well-made products, proven sales tools and a strong support system.
49. At Amway, we infuse a caring touch into everything, from our innovative products, to our business opportunity to our eco-friendly farming practices.
50. This year, Amway celebrates 50 years of creating change through leadership, innovation, caring and vision.