My Journey Towards Mastery - Introduction
Hello Everyone! It has been a while since I wrote a blog and I am happy to be back. As the the title, and the image suggest, I am going to talk to you about my chess plans. I am a 13 year old right now, and if I do wish to pursue chess, I must be in a good position before I finish my schooling, like about 1600 to 1800 FIDE. That being said, it is not easy to do so. It requires a lot of practice and training. If you have read some of my previous blogs, you must be knowing about studying chess and how I do it. In fact, I never followed these study plans properly and didn't make proper plans. I have come to realize that I must be serious now. In fact. these are not just my study plans, but you might also get to learn something from them. Without much of ado, Lets get started and look at my plans.
1. Play Training Games
I plan to play 2 30|0 games everyday, and 2 45|0 games on weekends. These games, of course, are to be analyzed by me so that I keep learning something.
2. Study Master Games
On every Saturday, I am going to study master games of my opening, a particular concept like attacking, space advantage, etc., games that are related to certain pawn structures, games that are related one of my own games, etc.
3. The Opening
I am going to learn 2 defenses against each white opening and be perfect with 1.e4 as white. Let us take a look at my opening plans :-
- Queen's Gambit Declined - I am going to study this opening from the book 'Queen's Gambit Declined' by Sadler. I also plan to watch the video series on chess.com by GM Sam Shankland and GM Gregory Kaidanov.
- Stonewall Defense - To study this opening, I am going to study the book 'Dutch Stonewall' by Jacob Aagard and watch the video series on chess.com by GM Eugene Perelshteyn.
- French Defense - As at the present, I am not sure of a book to study this opening but watching the video series on chess.com by GM Simon Williams and WGM Tatev Abrahamyan is certainly going to help me get to know this opening.
- Sicilian Defense - This is a opening I am perfect at as black but need to find a way to play against it as white. I would like to go for the Open Sicilian. I am still not sure of the lines I am going to play and will update you with my progress in the next blog.
At the moment, these are my opening goals. Once I am perfect with these openings, I am going to study my other white openings.
4. The Endgame
The Endgame is certainly an important concept, and I am going to study it from the book 'Endgame Manual' by Mark Dvoretsky. At the moment, I am only concentrating on rook endgames.
5. 'Chess is 99% Tactics.....'
I don't know how far this is true, but solving tactics and puzzles is certainly going to help me. I am going to do tactics for at least one hour everyday from the book 'Test Your Tactical Ability' by Neishtdat.
These are my study plans for now. Please leave your comments below and I would find it very useful if you recommended any book or videos on the Open Sicilian as white. Stay tuned for my next blog, and till then, Goodbye and Good luck with your own training .