Las Vegas International Chess Festival starting from 4th June
The 2008 Las Vegas International Chess Festival will take place June 4 to 7, in South Point Hotel. The $100,000 Prize Fund is based on only 850 players with $70,000 absolutely guaranteed. The Susan Polgar World Open Chess Championships for Girls and Boys is one of America's longest running, premier Open tournaments.
The National Open is a 6 round Swiss System tournament, and you can choose between the standard 3-day or alternate 2-day playing schedules. Half-point byes are available for all rounds, with proper notice to the Tournament Directors or with your advance entry.
World-class players like Van Wely, Fressinet, Petrosian, Bareev, Akobian will take part in this prestigious event!
The Susan Polgar World Open Championships for Girls and Boys will be even better in our new facility. Players in the championships will be eligible for Scholarships and prizes. In addition to several Polgar side events, participants in these tournaments may also wish to participate in some of the open side events, such as the Scholastic Trophy Tournament, the National Open Blitz or the Intergalactic Bughouse Championship.
On opening day, the Susan Polgar International Chess Camp will feature a full or half day session in small groups with GM and other fine instructors. This camp is designed for players of all ages. GM Susan Polgar, America's Chess Ambassador, is the chief instructor, with a faculty including GM Varuzhan Akobian, GM Dmitry Gurevich and IM Ben Finegold.
Here are the details:
- The Susan Polgar World Open Chess Championship for Girls June 6-7
- The Susan Polgar World Open Chess Championship for Boys June 6-7
- Scholarships to Texas Tech will be awarded based in part on performance in these events.
- The Susan Polgar International Chess Camp (for all ages) June 4
- The Susan Polgar World Open Chess Puzzle Solving Contest for Girls and Boys June 5
- Free lecture by Susan Polgar for all players, as well as accompanying parents and coaches June 5
- A Tandem Simul by Susan Polgar against up to 70 players June 5
- The Susan Polgar World Open Blitz Chess Championship for Girls and Boys June 6
- Breakfast with Susan June 7