Currently offering tutoring sessions in math, statistics, and chess
Let me start off this blog with some questions:
- Are you currently taking a math/statistics course and need help in it?
- Do you have a child or know someone who is currently taking a math/statistics course and needs help in it?
- Are you working on a project for school or for work that can use some statistical consulting?
- Are you planning on taking either the SAT, ACT, GRE, and/or PRAXIS exams in the near future and need help in preparing for the math/quantitative portion of the test?
- Do you have a child or know someone who plans on taking either the SAT, ACT, GRE, and/or PRAXIS exams in the near future and needs help in preparing for the math/quantitative portion of the test?
- Are you a beginner/intermediate chess player who is willing to learn and/or improve?
- Do you have a child or know someone who is currently a beginner/intermediate chess player who is willing to learn and/or improve?
If you answered yes to any of these 7 questions, then this is the blog for you. I am currently offering services in online and in-person tutoring in math, statistics, and chess. Here is my educational and chess background:
- M.S. Applied Statistics - Pennsylvania State University – December 2013
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering (Cum Laude) - Virginia Commonwealth University – May 2011
- United States Chess Federation Candidate Master Title (Current USCF Rating ≈ 2100)
- 2002 Virginia State Amateur Chess Champion at age 14
- 2005 Atlantic Open (U2000 Section) – first place
- 2013 Virginia State Chess Championship – second place
Now that I have shown you my educational and chess background, it is time to show you the exact list of subjects in which I am interested in providing tutoring services for:
1. Middle School
a. 6th Grade Math
b. 7th Grade Math
2. High School
a. Non-AP/IB Courses
1. Algebra I
3. Algebra II
6. HS-Level Statistics
7. HS-Level Calculus
b. AP/IB Courses
1. AP Calculus
2. AP Statistics
- College Algebra
4. Graduate School
- Applied Statistics
- Regression Methods
- Advanced Statistical Methods
- Statistical Consulting
5. Test Prep
a. SAT Math
b. ACT Math
c. GRE Quantitative
d. PRAXIS Math
a. Beginner (USCF < 1200)
b. Intermediate (1200 ≤ USCF < 1600)
I have had success with tutoring people in math and statistics in the past. If you go to my tutoring profile (URL: http://takelessons.com/profile/william-b47), you’ll notice that some of my past clients have posted great reviews about me. Those reviews, as you will find by clicking on the said URL, are as follows:
Trigonometry · In home (4 out of 5 stars)
“William’s a great Tutor. My son has been struggling with Trigonometry this year & William is helping him a lot. He's always on time & it's nice to have him come here to our home.” Ellen D. Dec 19, 2014
Graduate-level Statistics · Online (5 out of 5 stars)
“I am in the graduate nursing program. William has been a great help to me with my statistics. He is very patient and our tutoring is all online so it is very convenient. He is a excellent teacher ! “ Cyndee C. Dec 21, 2014
College Statistics · Online (5 out of 5 stars)
“He is a very skilled and intelligent tutor! He helped me cover an entire semesters worth of statistics in just a few weeks. He is also very patient and walked me through the problems step by step in a way that was easy to understand.” Megan C. Jan 14, 2015
So if you are interested in my tutoring and/or consulting services, I suggest you go to my tutoring profile (URL: http://takelessons.com/profile/william-b47) and book me. As you will notice on my tutoring profile, my hourly rate for tutoring is $40/hour (which is not any more expensive than purchasing tutoring through any online tutoring company such as Tutor.com).
Feel free to post any questions and/or concerns you may have about my tutoring and/or consulting services.