When we have an isolated pawn on d4.
We will have have following advantages :-
- It Gives more space.
- If we want to control d5 we do it by pushing the pawn to d5 and exchanging with the pawn on e6.
- It controls e5 and c5 squares which can be used as outposts for our knights.
- Open and semi open c and e files can be used by the rooks
- We can do rook lifts to position the rooks to g3 or h3 in order to attack the black king
- Pawn on d4 can be pushed to get control to d5,open a2-g8 diagonal and open the d file
- It controls e5 and c5 squares which can be used as outposts for our knights.this knights can be sacrificed on e6 and f7 to break the defences
- White can attack the queen side on c file with rook placed c1
- White can push the f pawn to increase the attack
- White can push the h pawn to increase the attack
- White can use bishop-queen batteey along c1-h7 diagonal to attack h7.
When we are playing against the isolated pawn
White’s isolated d4 pawn is weak try to blockade it and then attack it with all of your pieces.
- Block the pawn by putting a knight on d5
- Trade as many pieces as u can to get to the endgame where this pawn will be serious weakness.
- Try to attack the d4 pawn with as many many pieces as u can.