Side-file checkmate, training with Alex
We had an around 1 hour long lesson with Alex.
1. First he solved 5 checkmate exercises in around 2 minutes. He was so fast and great! He improves very well, He played 2 long games in this week and won both of them!
2. We analysed one of his games. He played very well the opening and middlegame and got a winning position.
3. We studied about the isolated and double pawns.
4. About pinning and Qh4 check motives if white plays f2-f3.
5. We studied about creating weak squares by pieces exchange when a pawn captures back.
We agreed with him about homeworks:
1. playing a blind game
2. solving at least 1 puzzle daily
3. study examples about weak pawns
4. play at least 2 games in the next week
After the lesson I solved my daily 5 puzzles in about 1 minute. One puzzle I called a side-file checkmate, because it looked similar like the back-rank checkmate but it was on the last file on the board. Is a new name for this type of checkmate?