Today I continue to write about my daily experiences in the 21 days to Supercharge your chess course.
You can read about the past days:
1. I want to study chess in an organized way. I hope 21 days of organized study of the course will build my habit to create and follow my study plans after the course finished.
The structure of the study of Day 5 was the following:
- Theoretical section:
Today I studied an important method about how to avoid 90% of my blunders. If this method works, then we can save many games.
My old trainers when I was juniot told me also this method and I used it in tournaments.
The key idea is to write down the move on your scoreshreet before you make the move.
Write down the move and think about 10-15 seconds to make a blundercheck.
This way you can prevent lot of big mistakes.
I suggest you to try this write down your move before the actual move method in your online games too, when you can at least 30 minutes for the game.
Today's game showed a sacrifice to break in to a closed position.
Please use the 7 component method to evaulate the position and find a good move for white!
I solved 6 challenging tactical puzzles.
First todad I had a puzzle which I can not fully solved.
White to move:
This was easier, but very nice.
Black to move:
Today a rook and pawn versus rook endgame was presented, where the play without the pawn had the more active rook and achieved the draw by always attacking the pawn or checking the king. I missed the solution and later studied it deeply.
Can you find the best series of moves to save the game?
Conclusions of the Day 5 of the
1. I learnt the importance of writing down the moves and thinking 5-10 seconds before the actual move, because it helps to prevent blunders.
2. Today's master game showed a method how to improve the position in a closed game. Sacrificing material for being able to penetrate the the opponent's position.
3. I solved puzzles about forcing the opponent pieces to the desired squares.
4. The rook endgame showed how important to have an active rook even when we are pawn down. It showed the side-attack method to keep the opponent rook and king busy.
I decided to follow how much time I use every day for the study and monitor the total time used too.
Today I used 45 minutes. The total time I used until today is 2 hours and 56 minutes. You can follow the daily training times in this --> document