Today I continue to write about my daily experiences in the 21 days to Supercharge your chess course
1. I want to study chess in an organized way. I hope 21 days of organized study of the course will build my habit to create and follow my study plans after the course finished.
The structure of the study of Day 2 was the following:
- Theoretical section:
It was about the daily study routine which we need to follow in the
If we do something 21 days long then it became a new habit, it makes a real change in our life. After 21 days we can stick to it easier. Before the 21 days, the old habits wants to rule the new, but after 21 days it becomes enought strong.
The daily routine has the following main components:
- Theoretical section
Which teach some key ideas about how to study and train chess effectively
- Practical section
2. An example about how to attack from a master game
3. An endgame exercise
Day 2 - Practical section:
1. Studying a master game about how to use the isolated pawn to attack the uncastled king
2. Solving 6 tactical exercises
3. Solving 1 endgame puzzle, a pawn endgame
1. How can we use an isolated pawn for the attack?
It can be used for opening the position for the well developed and active pieces which can attack the opponent pieces or the king.
I would like to show you an example which I analyzed today.
From the tactics of Day 2, I would like to share this one:
In the endgame section there was a nice pawn endgame where white could win with the right manover. I show the position and let you solve it:
2. I studied a way how to play with an isolated pawn:
Use the pawn to open up the position for the pieces to attack the opponent pieces and king
3. I solved puzzles about double attacks and overloaded pieces
4. The pawn endgame was about the right timing of the king or pawn moves.
I decided to follow how much time I use every day for the study and monitor the total time used too.
Yesterday I used 21 minutes, today 27 minutes, which is total 48 minutes. You can follow the daily training times in this --> document
You can read about the other days here: