Road to 2000 Fide
This is going to be my blog of my competitive standard games for my journey to 2000.
Please refer to my FIDE Profile here: http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=3224104
Game 1: (17/05/2016) Which was a club vs. club face off - played okay considering I am working and studying full time and haven't played competition chess since Jan 2015.
UPDATE - 1/04/2017 - Unfortunately - the return to competitive chess, I have seen a massive dip in my performance rating - Dropped from 1628 local ACF to around 1400.
This has caused many motivational factors
- Tough on my mind
- Underestimating my playing strength
- Lack of playing desire due to continuous from drawing/ slightly winning positions
The start to 2017 has been tough on my mental chess playing.
However, after playing in:
- Australia Day Weekender @ Norths - Standard 60 minutes
- The city of Sydney Blitz @ Ryde Eastwood
- Norths Club Championship Div B (Fide and ACF Rated - 90 plus 30s)
These tournaments highlight my playing strength has dipped, losing to lower rated players.
I have been reviewing my games carefully with my top secret coach He mentioned that I need to do the following:
1. Play to the position - don't let minor or significant blunders cause you to give up
2. I was giving up mid game when small errors happen, beating myself up inside, and therefore leading to a further breakdown in my game
3. Play to your style (Top secret)
4. Practice tactics - I like chesstempo
5. Review your wins and losses
6. Play again "Human" like computers that are stronger than you
7. Review more active master games e.g Fischer
8. Stay calm when winning and losing - my round 5 game in a recent club championship I got excited for my winning end game. I then ended up losing because of a simple blunder.
9. Create outposts for your pieces e.g Knights or Bishop and Pawn relationship. Lock down the position and force the opposition to have a worse position e.g Lock down areas for their pieces to attack or defend.
So after a dip in my motivation and a serious test of my character.
I managed to win my R6 game in the Club Championship against a strong club player.
See the game below >>
2016 - 1628 (As of June 2016)
- 1628? (As of Jan 2017)
-1471 (As of March 2017)
Blitz (5 minutes)
- March - 1377
- Nov - 1531
- March - 1559
- Nov - 1595
- March - 1623
- March 1623