Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (born October 21, 1990) is a French chess Grandmaster and the 2009 World Junior Chess Champion.
He completed his final grandmaster norm at age 14 years, 4 months, in 2005.
Vachier-Lagrave's FIDE rating in July 2008 was 2681. According to the live top rating site his live rating on August 16, 2009 was 2716.5, making him virtually number 24th in the world. In the official rating list of October 2008 he crossed the "2700" threshold at 2716 points.
- "Aeroflot" tournament, Moscow 2006: played the A1 tournament, reserved for players having a rating superior to 2550. He gained 6 points out of 9 and finished 6th with a TPR of 2775
- Young Masters, Lausanne 2006: being the youngest player invited, won the tournament with a TPR of 2630
- Corus tournament B, Wijk aan Zee 2007: finished 5th with 8 points out of 13
- Winner of 2007 Paris Championship with 7 points out of 9
- Winner of 2007 French Championship after beating GM Vladislav Tkachiev in tiebreak match. In the main tournament he collected 7.5 out of 11
- Puerto Madryn (Argentina) 2009: 1st in the World Junior Chess Championship with 10½ out of 13
- Winner of 2009 Biel tournament with 6 points out of 10 ahead of Morozevich and Ivanchuk
- 2010: Part of a 'world team' against Magnus Carlsen.