world chess championship 2013
- 10,084 Reads
- 3 Comments
as you know guys Vishy was 2012 champ he will defend his championship with one of the eight best
|1||Boris Gelfand (ISR)||2739||2736||* *||0.0|
|2||Magnus Carlsen (NOR)||2835||2843||* *||0.0|
|3||Levon Aronian (ARM)||2805||2821||* *||0.0|
|4||Vladimir Kramnik (RUS)||2801||2795||* *||0.0|
|5||Teimour Radjabov (AZE)||2773||2792||* *||0.0|
|6||Vassily Ivanchuk (UKR)||2766||2771||* *||0.0|
|7||Alexander Grischuk (RUS)||2761||2752||* *||0.0|
|8||Peter Svidler (RUS)||2749||2747||* *||0.0|
players The challenger to the match will be decided using an eight-player double round-robin tournament to be held in London from March 13 to March 31, 2013...The metropolis of Chennai, India, hometown of incumbent world champion Viswanathan Anand, is being considered as the venue. FIDE president had indicated that India would be given a first option of three months following the World Chess Championship 2012, to make a proposal for the organisation of the World Chess Championship Match 2013. The procedures for choosing the challenger and host have undergone a number of changes and controversies. A timeline is shown below:
- 3 February 2011 – After London withdrew its 2012 World Championship bid FIDE re-opened the bidding procedure to host the 2012 World Championship.
- 13 July 2011 – Chennai bids among others to host the 2012 World Championship.
- 9 August 2011 – Russian Chess Federation chosen to host the 2012 World Championship. The All India Chess Federation was given a "first option" of three months following the 2012 World Championship, to make a proposal for the organisation of the World Chess Championship Match 2013.
- 19 September 2011 – FIDE has published the official Rules & regulations and qualification criteria for the Candidates Tournament of the FIDE World Championship cycle 2011-2013.
- 21 February 2012 – FIDE announces negotiations with CNC and AGON for the World Championship Cycle. Media, web and software rights of events included in the World Championship Cycle are awarded to CNC and FIDE delegates AGON at the same time undertakes to organise FIDE lighthouse events including the World Championship Cycle and secure the necessary sponsorship funds.
- 3 March 2012 – AGON awards Candidates tournament dated 24 October – 12 November 2012 to London
- 28 March 2012 – FIDE and AGON announce 13-31 March 2013 as new dates for the Candidates matches in London
- 30 May 2012 – Viswanathan Anand wins 2012 World Chess Championship match and is therefore qualified for the 2013 World Chess Championship final match to defend his title. His challenger during the 2012 World Chess Championship match Boris Gelfand is qualified to fill up the 8-player draw for the 2013 World Chess Championship's candidates tournament
- 30 August 2012 – latest deadline for the All India Chess Federation to redeem the 3-month-option to make a proposal for the organisation of the World Chess Championship Match 2013.
- 1-9 September 2012 – FIDE-congress including meetings of the Executive Board (5 September) and the General assembly (7-9 September)