Chessmen made of rock crystal that used to be preserved in a church in Ager, Spain. 96 pieces were made around 1071. Only a few pieces survive today. There is a myth that this chess set belonged to Charlemagne. It is also known as the Urgel or Urgell chess chessmen, a nearby village. Parts of these pieces are preserved in Lerida. 15 pieces reappeared in a public auction and purchased by the Emir of Kuwait. The collection was plundered by Iraqi soldiers during the Gulf War, but has since returned.