Forums

How to break the 1800OTB barrier. ?

Sort:
RatingsRequiem

Hey everyone, I've been seeing lots of posts on How to break a specific rating and such .So I guess its my turn. Thanks in advance!

OldGeezerJayRoy

I am with you @LohitOfficial  I am stuck around 1750 with hitting 1800s once or twice.  I am interested for advice.  Thanks in advance too.

sanjay1232123

I don't know, maybe you could watch the games of GM's and learn from them?

sanjay1232123

And also look at your past games and analyze them?

OldGeezerJayRoy

I think that watching GM games are good but you need the annotations to understand the thought process to help you see why it is good.

Chessking4640

I broke 1900 over the summer just solve a lot of tactics but I got lazy now I tilt 

TheSwissPhoenix

Same question

LSChess

Just try to keep studying and improving your pattern recognition playing games etc

LSChess

And analyze the games to see where you went wrong

RatingsRequiem

Thanks everyone didn't expect this much responses and advice.I appreciate it.Thanks!

DentonTD

For every player there is a natural "mountain top" which cannot be overcome without
Intense dedication and work. Quite often those students initially designated as the "golden"
ones because of incredible early "board vision skills" and natural ability to learn quickly,
are NOT the cream that rises to the top, for they become frustrated after an early blastoff
through those without their natural ability to levels EARNED by their opponents efforts.
Thus, whether this level is 800, 1000, 1400, 1900, expert++ is truly up to the individual.