Forums

Is 1400 a good USCF rating?

Sort:
sanjay1232123

Hi, is 1400 a good USCF rating for someone who's been playing for about 6 months?

RealSpychess

I believe it should be, for someone who didn't know what chess was 6 months ago.

AwakenedVortex

sus sanjay saying sus things about his chess career

sanjay1232123
TheRussianPhoenix wrote:

sus sanjay saying sus things about his chess career

???

AwakenedVortex

there is absolutely no way that you have been playing chess for ONLY 6 MONTHS

AwakenedVortex

and yes it is a good rating

sanjay1232123

I've played before, but I started playing online USCF only about 7 or 8 months ago

AwakenedVortex

-_- then you could say the exact same about me

AwakenedVortex

we literally started at the same time

DonRajesh
sanjay1232123 wrote:

Hi, is 1400 a good USCF rating for someone who's been playing for about 6 months?

definitely. 

OldGeezerJayRoy

1400 USCF is very good because most don't get to that rating without some kind of help that quickly.  I would gather that a normal person playing casually it would take a few years.

sanjay1232123

Oh, I've been playing on chess.com for about a year and uscf for about 7 months and got 1400

OldGeezerJayRoy

@sanjay1232123  Congrats.   I am guessing you are young which tends to help in getting faster gains.  

Trophies100

You've been playing prolly less than a year 1400 is rlly gud 

AwakenedVortex
Trophies100 wrote:

He’s been playing for like a year and 1/3 or smth

Trophies100

He put 1153 uscf...

Trophies100
TheRussianPhoenix wrote:
Trophies100 wrote:

He’s been playing for like a year and 1/3 or smth

Oh ok

TaeKwonLogan

Definitely, I didn't even get to 1400 until 2 years so it is very good for 6 months

OldGeezerJayRoy

Took me a little over 3 years to get to over 1500.

KGreenGator

it took me 4 years to get my first rating (quick) to that finally in high school but it took me longer i think for me to be at that consistently in/at slower speeds because i was bobbing around the 1200's in regular at that point and couldn't quite beat 1200's, 1300's, 1400's and 1500's consistently enough to get it up there. i loved blitz and g/29's probably too much though and because of that hit 1445 in quick first lol.  never studied back then/just played. i did a study at one point when i was in college though and figured out that the average uscf otb rating of all players who've ever played is around 1000 so i reckon it's pretty good grin.png recently calculated what the online ones are too/the average for quick and regular is in the low 900's.