Forums

pablo21000‘s beginner study plan

Sort:
pablo21000

Hi! Excited to start this. My first question would be about the silman book: when should i study it? Should i finish the chapters by the time it is mentioned in the plan? Best! Paul

MadLuc

hiya, the best place to ask a question like this is on the Discord https://discord.gg/gXsWj8e3NY

There is a section in their for 'novice-and-beginner' plans and other sections for support, ideas and a solid chess community

Best of luck with your progress!

pablo21000

thanks MadLuc! Gonna post it there right now.

pablo21000

I‘ve been completing my first week to much success. Analyzing my games seems very hard for me, but I‘m trying my best. 

(I‘m playing rapid on lichess and blitz on chess.com)

lichess Rapid 1354 -> 1363

chess.com Blitz 864 -> 882

puzzles 1578 -> 1809

MadLuc

nice job! I have found in chess, that improvement is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, some weeks are up, some down, but if you step back and can see the graph on an upward slope, then all the hard work is worth it!

pablo21000

been sticking to the plan and playing rapid last week. My rating did‘nt really change (which, after over 35 games is a bit disappointing). I‘m having a really hard time analyzing my blitz games - I just don‘t know what to look for in so many games. I think I‘m doing much better taking my time in analyzing the rapid games - which I‘m looking forward to doing in the coming week. My ultimate goal will be reaching 1000 blitz on chess.com. This seems like a long road still.

lichess Rapid 1363 -> 1375

chess.com Blitz 882 -> 890

puzzles 1809 -> 1876