Forums

RaymondL2007's weekly updates

RaymondL2007

Hello all, 

This is my first weekly update, so basically day zero. I will be doing all of the challenges in the 4 weeks challenge, as well as some goals I have set myself. My current ratings are: 1600 Bullet, 1664 Blitz, 1763 Rapid. My goal ratings are 1650 Bullet, 1700 Blitz, and 1850 Rapid. I will be mainly focusing on rapid. Here are my tasks I have set myself to do:

1. Learn the Scotch and Sicilian defense (I chose these openings because I have a book about them and I need new openings).

2. 10 min of puzzles each day. These will be done on lichess as I don't have a diamond membership.

3. Learn a way to find candidate moves and plans (A better thought process)

4. Read a book (My system) with notes

5. Be able to make a plan in almost every position

6. Get to 1800 in Silman's complete endgame course book.

7. Play 2 games with analysis every day.

I will post a new update every 3 or 4 days

Birdsell

Looks like a solid framework!

RaymondL2007

Alright, I decided to start today on a monday.

I lost a rapid game and my blitz rating went up and then back down (I played in an arena tournament with some of my online friends)

I also played a bot, which is the task to do for today. Tomorrow I will start learning openings and also take a lesson to complete the challenge from chessgoals

RaymondL2007

On tuesday I did a lesson, yesterday I watched the rating comparison video on youtube (I don't sign into youtube so I can't subscribe) and today I played 4 rapid games in an arena and I did 3 puzzles. I am now at 1700 puzzles rating on a free account happy.png Some people are at 60000 puzzles rating......

RaymondL2007

Today I played a 5/5 game, completing the 6th day of the calendar challenges

Birdsell

Looks like you are putting in the work!

RaymondL2007

I really want to improve and if I do all the calendar tasks theres a chance that I get a study plan, im not allowed to spend money on chess so I really need to do things lol

RaymondL2007

Today I did a 3 minute puzzle rush, I have swimming so I don't have much time to do stuff today. I got 4 lol I rushed to much. First week of challenges are done!!

RaymondL2007

Yesterday I did day 9, play a 10 minute game(I actually accidentally played a 15/10 game, plz don't disqualify me lol). I also studied the Slav as I finished learning the Scotch and Sicilian already. I am working on making plans and the strategic side of chess. I will do some vision training later, but I have the chance to play against a National Master (US) in a simul, the time is 45/45 so I am doing that first. I am also analyzing it after happy.png I'll post the game and my analysis after I finish

RaymondL2007

https://www.chess.com/analysis/game/live/17500426745?tab=report

I managed to win because he made a mistake. Posting my analysis later 

Birdsell

Nice game!

RaymondL2007

Thanks! happy.png

RaymondL2007

This week I was kind of busy, so I only did the tasks that I needed to do, and no extra. I have a swim meet soon so I have to do a ton of practice and stuff. 

RaymondL2007

These past few days I did the calendar tasks and also studied some chess principles. I studied those because I suck at choosing where to move my pieces so I need to get better at not doing useless moves.

RaymondL2007

From now on I'll be following the 12 week plan. Today I will just be preparing the books and stuff I need, or a different substitute book that I own because I cannot spend any money on chess.