Forums

StauntonCastle chess store

Sort:
Cluckerson

Anyone know if the StauntonCastle chess store website is reputable? I am looking to make a large purchase and am thrown off by the fact that they only accept payment via PayPal. I am nervous about how safe this website is. Let me know if anyone else has purchased from this website. Thanks!

Derek-C-Goodwin

I don't know, but show us what you buy when you do ;-)

JoPublic
Many on here have purchased from them so it’s safe but be aware they ship from India although they claim to be in Canada. They have a very small inventory in Canada mainly due to returns so I’m told
MCH818

They are reputable. I bought two sets from them. However, there have been some who said they had difficulty getting replacement pieces from SC. I had no trouble getting replacements with my first set (3.5” Morphy) and did not require any replacements for my second set (3.6” Sinquefield). I would have zero issue purchasing from them again.

lighthouse
Cluckerson wrote:

Anyone know if the StauntonCastle chess store website is reputable? I am looking to make a large purchase and am thrown off by the fact that they only accept payment via PayPal. I am nervous about how safe this website is. Let me know if anyone else has purchased from this website. Thanks!

With paypal , Your buying online is safe / Be it , if you have any  problems or difficulties with the item or shipping , Best way to buy online wink

KineticPawn

Multiple sets from them. They are great IMHO and I will be purchasing from them in the future. 

felonet
Ive had great experiences w SC and Mandeep
VBerriz

Very good store. 

stumOnner

I also bought a few sets from SC and agree they are great to deal with.

NicolajKJ
I got a nice set from them recently. The set was very well made and the experience dealing with Mandeep was professional. I would definitely buy from them again.
RyanEdCo

Their sets are very good value, however their customer service is significantly worse than the likes of HoS - you get a much lower quality experience in that regard.

I bought the Elite set which I love, however one of the knights was a bit damaged. I tried to contact many times via email, and through the online chat, to get a replacement piece. It took some weeks to get a response and they are very reluctant to replace, so still no piece.

Hopefully though your set will have no issues, and it’s probably worth the risk for the price, in which case yes you can consider them to be reputable.

magictwanger

I have a Ceska Klubovka set coming in from S.C. right now....Hopefully there'll be no issues.They come off as a step up from the likes of C.B. Not that C.B. can't make a nice set(I have a few).

Let's face it...Noj offers the finest/no worries sets on the market today,but we're talking  more expensive and a long wait..

MCH818

I hope it arrives with no issues.

magictwanger

Thanks MCH....Otherwise known to me as "The Great One"! Challenge him and find out folks.wink

MCH818
magictwanger wrote:

Thanks MCH....Otherwise known to me as "The Great One"! Challenge him and find out folks.

Haha! Thanks, but I am not worthy of that title. I think it belongs to Mr BananaMoon.

[edit] Btw, you just beat me 3 games prior. I think I might have to call you that soon.

ECKmasters

I know very well Mandeep Saggu from SC...no problem to buy there...it's the best QUALITY you can have in the market...i have more than 10 Sets from SC and top QUALITY...you can trust them for sure👍👌💕