Sort:
ChessFlair01
assassin3752 wrote:

I mean yea now mines is at 2.6k comments

What’s it called?

DrSpudnik
ChessFlair01 wrote:

Hello guys!

This is what you’ve all been waiting for: getting a thread with more than 1000+ posts!

Today I’ll tell you HOW to do this, with threads of then thousand or more and with those lowly less-than-500 strings. The difference is big, so you need to work hard to keep your string alive.

1. Different point of view

To get a good string, you need it to attract eyes. For example, would you rather go into a string that’s titled EPIC Would You Rather… or would you choose the one that says How to Move a Pawn?

To attract people into your forum, it’s not just that simple. Look at it from a different point of view. If you were a person surfing the chess.com forums for something fun, what kind of forum would you like? You don’t just need to make the forum, and 24 hours later ta-da! No, it doesn’t work that way. To have people enter your forum, the title must be attracting.

2. Hundreds of Posts… maybe?

Another way to help you grow fame is to have an already high post thread. Well, don’t spam, don’t advertise. The way is just maybe get a few friends and tell them about your new forum. Get your forum to around 20 and your forum is in good standing. With an attractive title, it should be going pretty well.

3. Cool contents

I recommend you write at least 2 paragraphs in your description of the string, but too little is never good, too much and no-one bothers to read it all (but if you have read up to here already, thanks ).

You MUST have interesting content, because even if people take a peek at your forum, the first thing EVERYONE sees is your description. If you have a boring description, everyone looks and decides it’s boring (no offense) and goes to find something else to do.

Thank you guys for reading and I wish you good luck.

Comment about my text below and bye for now!

Attract trolls.

Mattew

#67 KOTL: Death and Destruction

assassin3752
ChessFlair01 wrote:
assassin3752 wrote:

I mean yea now mines is at 2.6k comments

What’s it called?

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/off-topic/kotl-death-and-destruction-71370521?page=138

Pegusu

Sometimes the 1000+ strands are a happy accident!  My strand about embarrassing incidents was stalled at 500 and I thought, that’s pretty good as most of the posts are a paragraph or more. Now it’s at 1250 and still going strong. My What is your favorite _________? stalled at 347 and hasn’t moved since.  My point is you JUST NEVER KNOW! 

ChessFlair01
Pegusu wrote:

Sometimes the 1000+ strands are a happy accident!  My strand about embarrassing incidents was stalled at 500 and I thought, that’s pretty good as most of the posts are a paragraph or more. Now it’s at 1250 and still going strong. My What is your favorite _________? stalled at 347 and hasn’t moved since.  My point is you JUST NEVER KNOW! 

That’s  true happy.png (woops typo XD)

humblebeginnings64

O_O

ChessFlair01
bollander wrote:
So you’re just lonely with nothing to do in the middle America trying to make any friends on this clearly useless forum?

On chess.com, we value kindness and generosity. Please do not use verbal abuse or any other type offensive language that states any particular forum, person or community.

neatgreatfire

Another way to make a famous thread is to say that blitz is bad or blitz is good. You'll start up a flamewar in no time!

ChessFlair01
neatgreatfire wrote:

Another way to make a famous thread is to say that blitz is bad or blitz is good. You'll start up a flamewar in no time!

Thank you XD