My Chess Diary. Rating Was 1313. Now Going UP! Now going Down. Now UP + 11 from 1403 to 1414

DENVERHIGH

September 23, 2020. Thursday 4:40 am . . . I won a game and went up + 11 to 1414 . . . Hope another streak begins . . .

September 19, 2020 Saturday am . . . Woops lost a game! Down -14 to 1403 rating. It was bound to happen sooner or later . . . .

My Oops game when i lost my Queen, Today Thursday, September 17 @ 2 pm i won that game, mating with a knight . . .

Surprise, Surprise. Went up 9 to 1417 Rating . . .

it just seems that i was going to resign that game, but i kept saying "just one more move, I can resign before i get mated. ". . . 

His king was on G4 smothered when i checked the king from F2 . . .

September 16, Thursday a.m. I won a game on time . . .

A surprise to me. Went up +12 to 1408! . . .

Hit the 1400 daily rating . . . What goes up must come down! . . .

Oops. I blundered a Queen away in a game! . . . 

It was a matter of time for a coming loss! . . .

September 12, Saturday a.m. I logged on and found a player resigned and i went up rating to 1396 . . . It surprised me because there were possibilities for him. There wasn't a mate pending. . .

August 1st. Saturday p.m. I won another game. One of the worst I've played. . . Worst analysis rating for both of us . . . But it's a win . . . Went up 11 rating points 1380 to 1391 . . .

Knocking on the 1400 door . . .

July 20, Monday a.m. I won another game playing for Colorado group in first div! I went up 5 to 1380 . . . So far so good! . . .

July 19 Sunday a.m. I won a game playing for State of Colorado group in first div. I went up 6 to 1375 . . .

July 13, 2020 Monday. I resigned in the end game. Went back to 1369 . . .

So a draw and a loss against this opponent no total rating change . . .

July 12, 2020 Sunday i purposely played for a draw. I went up 5 pts to 1374I . . . I probably could have won and gotten 16 pts. . . .

July 4, 2020  Saturday a.m. I lost 2 games by resignation Down 1369

June 29,  2020  Monday a.m. I lost a non rated game vs a NM . . . No change still 1382

June 28, 2020  Sunday. Oh well, Won a game on Timeout . . . Stayed the same 1382 

Opponent never made a move on the game . . .

June 27, 2020 . . . Saturday i won another game went up 10 to 1382

June 25, 2020 . . . Thursday i won game on timeout went up to 1372

June 20, 2020 . . . Saturday I won a game and  went to 1365

June 16, 2020 . . . Tues p.m. I had a draw on purpose, no change. 1359

June 15, 2020 . . . Monday a.m.I lost a game went down to 1359

but it was against a NM . . .

June 7th, 2020. . . Sunday am. I won a game, went up to 1373 . . .

May 29, 2020 . . . Friday i won 2 time out losses. Went up to 1368 . . .

May 19, 2020 . . . Tues. I won team game, went up to 1366 . . .

May / 18,/ 2020 . . . Monday i won team game went up to @ 1361 . . .

5/12/20 . . . Tuesday  i claimed a repetition draw! I stayed @ 1357 . . .

Foolish me simple move i could have won above game!

5/10/2020 . . .  Lost one team game, went down to 1357 . . .

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

3/21/2020 . . . lost group gm. I'm at 1313  V down . . .

4/1/2020 . . .  Won I'm @ 1323 Oops up on 10 April fools day! . . .

4/2/2020 . . .  Won I'm @ 1327 Went up 4 rating points . . .

4/3/2020 . . . Won I'm  @ 1337 mate with a knight. Went up 10 .

Only 3 more games left to finish . . .

4/4/2020 . . . Won I'm @  1347 I had a six move draw that changed to a mate because of a blunder. Went up 10 . . .

I only have two more game left to finish then one as white. . .

4/5/2020 . . . Won I'm @ 1354 a non mate, resigned in 21 moves. Went up 7 . . .

5/6/2020 . . . Won one  @ 1358 27 move mate . . .

5/9/2020 . . . Won another by resignation. 31 moves Went up to 1368 . . .

I signed up for more GAMES I'm trying to take my time on the selection of moves . . .

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

I welcome comments and thoughts by all you members.

I always envy those with a 1700 + to 1800 rating. Those with 1200 I wish I could help them.

I am around 1430 now, maybe. . .

Seems I heard that God helps those that help themselves. . .

The climb up is too slow. I was once over 1600 only to be brought back to reality. . .

If I play players lower than me I climb up but that means I am not playing some one higher and that means they are stronger than me. I do not like to go lower in rating. . . .

Seem that I don't have a plan in the midgame. I just react and hope I make the right moves to end up in a good endgame for me or to mate my opponent before the end. . . .

I put my personal goals on a post and so has other chess.com members. We review them after January 1. Except for this year 2020 .  . .

I am not doing so good on bowling either . . .

I come to the conclusion that my age has something to do with it . . .

I'm was 82 years old last December . . .

If I'm lower than 1300's i will quit playing chess and give away my dozens of chess set and a few clocks . . .

Bye for now . . .

DENVERHIGH

The end is near my friends . . .

DENVER

DENVERHIGH

April 1st, 2020 started my five game winning streak . . .

Maybe cause I'm in Isolation in California, USA . . .

GOING TO finish the last two match games and study before

Taking more group team matches . . .

willitrhyme

I'm on a downward spiral myself at Daily Chess ... guess it'll go as low until I will encounter players again who in turn envy ME for my rating! A cycle of strife and pride, fueled by the rating system.

hisokaxhunter

I suggest u practice from reverse. when u know what kind of endgame u like, choose middle and opening suit to it

Grandpa_patzer

I just  consider myself a wood pusher. I play primarily for fun or to kill time.  I have really begun to enjoy the Puzzule Rush. Too much worry about ratings is a pain in the neck.

darkkitty2
I just started chess.com and my rating keeps on dropping
darkkitty2
It’s pretty annoying
torrubirubi

I would say that a key to improvement is to take the analysis seriously.  Most of us make a blunder check, if at all. This means that we are not able to determine the weak points in our game  and consequently we will not able to work specifically to improve in those specific aspects of the game.

The second factor is that most of us don't care much about games ( in our openings ) played between strong players.  I know from players who got strong basically by going through hundreds of games daily in their openings. Which are the plans, tricks, key ideas in positions with a certain structure, which  pieces to keep or to exchange? And  so on. It is an illusion to think we will improve just by playing a lot of games. 

aryan_yeluri
Yay it sucks
DENVERHIGH

Im not starting any new games until my current 10 end . . .

DENVERHIGH

1/3/2020 Friday a.m.

I ended my games because we had fires here in California and my wife and I had to evacuate. . .

When i returned after the fires. I seem to be in the lower 1400's and would make stupid blunders in my games.

i used to wait for the other opponents to make blunders. I guess It’s my turn. . .

I used to teach beginners how not to make blunders . . .

DOwn . . Down . . . down . . . I go . . .

Grandpa_patzer

Welcome to the club. I am overlooking mate in one in a game twice...shock.png

autobunny

There's only 1 thing to do then.  How low can you go? 

AussieRookie

When you get a chance, Denver, please pack up your chess sets and clocks, and send them Down Under. Thanks for paying the postage. happy.png

DENVERHIGH

@ AussieRookie 

I have them already packed in my Scion . . . 12 std vinyl green white boards, 20 club sets, four clocks and one demo board. . .

I've quit teaching chess . . . If i had known sooner i would have sent them down With the Fire fighters from California going down under to fight the fires . . .

Our fires are out for now . . . Good luck!

chessmaniac68

Good Luck DENVERevil.png

ABC_of_EVERYTHING

If you trying to improve your middlegame play try to create this type of position in the analysis board and play with opponent in the daily chess using custom challenge by pasting the fen string in the required field. 

I have even created a thread specifically for these positions. Just get the idea. Don't copy it. 

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/creative-ways-to-improve-your-tactics?page=1

bong711

You play bowling? That's dangerous to your hips and knees. Table tennis is fun and excellent exercise. Everyone decline in chess but don't retire. Play for relaxation and mental excercise.

DENVERHIGH

@ bong711

Yes I bowl. . . Been bowling since 1959. Sometimes i used to bowl seven times a week, in leagues and matches . . .

Now I'm down to twice a week in leagues. . . 

My knees are not effected, my arm tendons were ripped . . .

I bowled with both arms. . . 

Bobby Fischer bowled to relax . . .