x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Chavet B-210 & Europa #6 sets (requested) ...

Hi All - Here are the comparisons and weights (in oz's) of the pieces. The Kings & Queens are almost alike. But the other Chavet pieces (on the right & heavier) are slightly larger. Also -  I was mistaken -the Europa pieces are just felted (no weights). Enjoy happy.png ...  nullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnull

Thanks Ronbo, you’re a great help for all Chavet chess piece lovers.
    UthorPendragon wrote:
    Thanks Ronbo, you’re a great help for all Chavet chess piece lovers.

Sure thing. If Europa would just change their anemic looking knights I really believe their fortune awaits wink.png

Very nice photos & info. I think Europa would need to beef up their rooks a bit as well. Are the Europa sets still being made? I know they are still available from some Spanish suppliers . 

Thank you so mucho, Ronbo, great job. Interesting comparison. It seems that--apart from the knights "aux fines têtes" of course--there's a big difference with the rooks--kings, queens, pawns and even bishops being most alike. I've read the Europa rooks and pawns have the same base diameter; I guess that's not the case with the Chavet pieces.

Online Now