FREE - In Google Play
FREE - in Win Phone Store
Hi there, I just uploaded a new app to the Android market, it is a Chess Clock.
If you need one or if you like mine I invite you to download it and get back at me with your comments.
An image so you can see how it looks
1. The phone is held landscape to use clock, but then you have to switch to portrait in order to change the time. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't read it at first.
2. How about make app so that it can be moved to SD card. App2SD says it's phone only and it's a pretty big (6+MB) file.
Other than that it's a great app. You considering an ad-free paid version?
Thank for your comment jKibbe.
1) On the menus it will do both, landscape and portrait, if you tilt it, it will change orientation.
2) I am working on making it smaller, shouldnt be that big, and about the SD card thing, I haven't thought of it before, I will definitely will take a look into that, the idea is to make it as easy as possible for the users
3) As a matter of fact it does, if you go to the About page you will see a button to pay with pay pal, its only $1. I only use paypal so far because google does not let selling of apps from my country, a shame.
Again, thanks for the comments, they are very useful to me, hope you enjoy the app =)
Can you make it available in the Amazon Appstore? I'd like to use it on a Kindle Fire.
Will it become available for the iphone?
Hello LJM_III, I havent checked Amazon requirements for publishing of apps, I will take a look into that, if I am able to publish there I will definitely upload it in Amazon.
Hi onthehouse, right now there is no plans on the near future to create a iPhone version of the app. This is my first app and I will be focused on getting it known and stable on the android market.
I might toy with apple in the future, but not now, I haven't even used a mac in my life
My boyfriend and I used your app and we liked the options to choose...put the name of the gamer was a good idea
I'm happy you like it Sariana =)
@alucard91 Nicely done!
@onthehouse Hi. There is a very nice one for iPhone called Chess Mate http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chess-mate-chess-clock/id522832593?mt=8
1. When I try to change the time in portrait mode, an ad gets in the way:
2. & 3. (App2SD & ad-free versions) Cool
4. You could add some other timing modes like simple delay, Fischer, and Bronstein. You could also add some presets like 5 min. blitz, bullet, 15/15min., 30/30min., 40moves in 2 hrs., etc.
Great clock, regardless! :)
Thanks again for your feedback Jkibbe.
You can actually scroll down in the time mode page, if in portrait you should have enough space between the time of player 1 and player 2 to put your finger and go down. If in landscape the app shows a little space to the right where you can pull the app down.
When scrolling the ads wont block the timers and you would also see the other time modes that you said, Fischer, Bronstein, Simple delay, Scrabble and a special mode for the analog clock.
By the way, I already did the change to allow the app to be saved on the sd card, when I roll out the next update you should be able to do it. I'm just working on a couple more things.
Thanks for the heads up.
Jkibbe, I rolled out a new update for the app today, among other things it now allows you to move the application to the SD card, hope you like it =)
• Improved design of menus.• Optimized for Xperia Play, press the L, R buttons to play.• Reduced size from 2.9 MB to only 1.2 MB• App now allows being moved to SD card.• Added new time modes, Byo-yomi and Canadian.• Minor bug fixes.
All of the improvements look great! I updated the app, moved to SD, and paid my $.99 to go ad-free. Now I just need to play some 'real' live chess to test it out! :)
I didn't realize that the Time Setting page was scrollable with more with different time modes!
BTW - Amazon Appstore is free for the first year, then they charge $99/year. This gives you more Android exposure and the only access to the Kindle Fire (which, of course, is Android-based).
Thanks for all of your efforts! :)
Hey, thanks a lot for your support!! It means a lot!!