Forums

Fritz on the Fritz

Sort:
RealBulldozer

I have D Fritz 12 and I have the the sound turned on, when I move a piece the sound happens 6-7 seconds after I set the piece down and it's getting worse

Pat_Zerr

Is your computer running slow?  Perhaps a virus/malware scan might speed things up a bit.

EscherehcsE

...Or restarting Fritz...or a reboot of the PC?

RealBulldozer

I ran a malware scan and one item was found but it's not fixed yet. Also different engines have defferent pause times and it's only happening on my laptop. My desktop has no problem. Keep thinking, we'll get it.

EscherehcsE

Did you check the Windows task manager on your laptop to see if another app is hogging the cpu?

Pat_Zerr

format c: in the command line works wonders...

RealBulldozer

Nothing else is running and sometimes Fritz hangs and no mater what u push all u get is a ping

kiloNewton

please re-install the Fritz.

EscherehcsE

Just throwing out random ideas... Have you logged onto the Playchess server from your laptop and clicked on "Query Update" in the Help menu?

mldavis617
RealBulldozer wrote:

...and it's only happening on my laptop. My desktop has no problem.

Clean the malware off of the laptop.  Reinstallation of Fritz is not likely to make any difference.  Also turn sound off and see if that matters (it should make no difference).  The problem is the laptop, not Fritz.

EN-swiftsaab

i have fritz 13 and its fine

EN-swiftsaab
ilikef1ags wrote:

My favourite homosexual German hardcore pronographic flim is titled Fritz on the Fritz!

seriously?

RealBulldozer

The malware program says we're clean. It's only the sound that delays, Fritz starts thinking right away. I just intalled the 3-4 and 5 man tablebases could that be it?

mldavis617
RealBulldozer wrote:

The malware program says we're clean. It's only the sound that delays, Fritz starts thinking right away. I just intalled the 3-4 and 5 man tablebases could that be it?

Best way to check that would be to disable (temporarily) the tablebases and run it that way for comparison.  You also don't mention how powerful your laptop computer is.  If you're running this on a lightweight laptop or tablet, you may not have sufficient processing power to handle the load.  Some of the graphics and sound in laptops is handled mostly by the CPU rather than by dedicated cards that many desktop computers have.

RealBulldozer

Pentium B950 64 bit @ 2.1 GHz 4GB ram. If I remove and reinstall fritz will I lose all my data bases with all the games I have played? It's only the sound, everything else is working great, maybe I should just live with it. It just bugs me a little when things don't work perfict

mldavis617
RealBulldozer wrote:

Pentium B950 64 bit @ 2.1 GHz 4GB ram.

I'm not familiar with that CPU but many of the later Intel chips had on-board sound rather than a dedicated sound board.  Be careful messing around with re-installations so you don't run afoul of the registration counter.