Forums

My Dubrovnik Set On My Drueke

Sort:
Bronco

http://www.amchesseq.com/21ulsettwe35.html

The rooks appear tad thinner and taller in the middle or maybe it's the angle. I can't make up my mind

Pretty close to these old eyesWink

Fugazy_Crapov
ROBB_CHESS wrote:

My Fav Set...

Very, very nice.

mldavis617

Yes, nice set.  I'm not sure how well I'd like playing with the "fat" pawns (I'd have to try them), but they are very nice looking.

David-Morales

they are all very nice, but, I prefere 9kick9's

sea_of_trees

The pieces behind that Ultimate set on the picture is an American Drueke Player's Choice from the 70's. Nice! I prefer the Drueke set as I'm not too fascinated by the Ultimate's bulbous bishops and fat-headed pawns.

Thanx for posting the picture of a relaxed older Karpov with what seems like an unweighted "Zagreb version" plastic Dubrovnik set on a vinyl board. There's also a weighted Slojvenian Dubrovnik plastic model, which I own and I think is superior to the Zagreb. I proudly use it on a leather roll-up board with brown and tan squares and also a ...(yes, like many seem to have here..) a wooden Drueke board! The Drueke was used in Kasparov-Deep Blue '97 and the Dubrovnik is the Holy Grail of all sets. Both combined are simply... divine chessic beauty... my friend. I experience it every day.

streamuk

are you in London Izmet? - come over for dinner and a game!

ifekali

Oh, I wish!

And look at that, my first! What a wonderful, wonderful set! I had to wait months for another. A charming lady sweettalked me out of this one ... Please pass my best ...

-Izmet

streamuk

done :)

konhidras

lovely sets. Wish i had one.

Rishi9

Anyone tracking the markets might know the EUR/USD is down 20-30%

The Drubovnik from Noj Slovenia is 20% discounted even for me in India. 

People are talking of USD-EURO parity.

Assuming Noj Slovenia will continue selling their set in euro, it could be available at a nice discount for many of us, who have been saving up for quite some time now. 

JackieMatra

Anyone "tracking" the Noj Slovenia website might know that they keep raising their prices.

Devilish_Bad_Games

Devilish_Bad_Games

Devilish_Bad_Games

interesting pieces. similar to zagreb design, isnt it?

Vermontacute

Could someone please tell me what size Drueke board the Dubrovnik 1950 Original and Dubrovnik II sets would be best suited on?

Furthermore, as both the set and baord is made of Maple and Walnut, will it be difficult to see the pieces on? I am ordering these two sets from Noj, but I'm now thinking I should get a stained version of the Dubrovnik II, so I can better see it on a Drueke board, which I plan to buy as it looks cool.

If there's any suggestions for what board a Dubrovnik 1950 Original in Maple and Walnut would look best on, I would appreciate a recommendation.

Many thanks if someone can help.

Another-Life

http://www.houseofstaunton.com/the-morphy-series-luxury-chess-pieces-4-0-king.html

That is my favourite design <3

I don't like coloured tips on pieces. At all. Very distracting, which is the last thing I want.

sea_of_trees

This was a very popular thread that I wish came back. With Jonas!

Hallooooo Chess Lowvers!