NOJ - 1961 Soviet Championship Tal

martinchess1

grownupboy

Really like the look of this set. I may even like it more (*gasp) than the Dubrovnik!

magictwanger

If I were to acquire any mores sets,which i definitely don't need....It would be that exact one!

I have the Era Retro version,which is extremely nice,but the NOJ set is the Gold Standard.

liml
grownupboy wrote:

Really like the look of this set. I may even like it more (*gasp) than the Dubrovnik!

Thanks. I was actually deciding between this and the Dubro. I decided on Tal because only a few vendors offer this, on the other hand Dubro has several vendors even HoS has a variety of selections. 

liml
magictwanger wrote:

If I were to acquire any mores sets,which i definitely don't need....It would be that exact one!

I have the Era Retro version,which is extremely nice,but the NOJ set is the Gold Standard.

Thanks magic. EraRetro is pretty darn good too and it's quite bigger than the NOJ version. 

magictwanger

Yes,the Era Retro set is a beauty.....But....I'm going to risk divorce court and get an NOj set one day.-happy.png

Bamboo58

This Noj set is very nice. And I love my Era Retro as well. But I was only told today if I buy another chess set she is leaving 😁 And I don't have that many chess sets 😕 

ATLANTIS09915040

belles pièces en bois finition main wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liml
magictwanger wrote:

Yes,the Era Retro set is a beauty.....But....I'm going to risk divorce court and get an NOj set one day.-

I would love to see that NOJ when that day comes hopefully minus the divorce court. 

liml
Bamboo58 wrote:

This Noj set is very nice. And I love my Era Retro as well. But I was only told today if I buy another chess set she is leaving 😁 And I don't have that many chess sets 😕 

Oh no, good thing you already have an EraRetro Tal Set. 

Thanks. NOJ is very nice indeed. 

liml
ATLANTIS09915040 wrote:

belles pièces en bois finition main wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merci!

magictwanger

Ha! I have a good sales pitch to the wife,which cannot fail to get me an NOJ set(possibly one of the designer sets,because I have so many tourney styles already).....I've been thinking of letting go my guitars,since I'm experiencing some hand irritation and to be honest(nobody agrees with this....except, maybe, fellow chess lovers) I simply am addicted to this site and the art and fascination of this game of chess....

Anyway,if the sales do happen,I can easily swing any NOJ set I wish for,with plenty left over.Hmm?-happy.png

MGT88
magictwanger wrote:

Ha! I have a good sales pitch to the wife,which cannot fail to get me an NOJ set(possibly one of the designer sets,because I have so many tourney styles already).....I've been thinking of letting go my guitars,since I'm experiencing some hand irritation and to be honest(nobody agrees with this....except, maybe, fellow chess lovers) I simply am addicted to this site and the art and fascination of this game of chess....

Anyway,if the sales do happen,I can easily swing any NOJ set I wish for,with plenty left over.Hmm?-

further justification; Noj sets are one of a kind, they are produced only by Gregor, his brother, and his father; they have been in the business for 30-40 years and have reached a pinnacle in craftsmanship; once they stop producing sets, that’s it, no more Noj; in my opinion, now is the perfect time to buy from them; if you wait too long, who knows, you may miss the opportunity, look at Summerville-New England Chess Boards...Noj is not HoS or chess Bazaar where the business will be continued in perpetuity by new employees

magictwanger

Anything associated with "anything" New England does not interest me....I'm a Jets fan!-happy.png

Agreed about the NOJ offerings....I've had communications with Gregor in the past...he comes off as a class act and very nice guy.