Forums

"Official" USCF Clocks and Fischer Time Controls

Sort:
zonykel

I realize this is a very old thread, but I'd like to address the Excalibur Game Time II's ability to set the 30-second increment.

It appears as though Excalibur produced two versions of the Game Time II. The early versions of the Game Time II had the "Accum" feature described on page 17 of the manual in such a way that "The Accumulate option works in conjunction with the Delay option by adding to the player's clock any delay time not used by the player." That's problematic, because the delay in those clocks can be set from 1 to 19 seconds. If the clock had been programmed to have a delay of 30 seconds, it's possible that it could work.

The newer Game Time II have an insert in addition to the manual that explains that "The ACCUMulate feature has been changed from the one described in the Instruction Guide (see page 17). The ACCUM feature is now independent from the USCF Delay.

Turning on the ACCUM on will enable the FIDE bonus ACCUMulate time. When the feature is first turned On the bonus will be set to 30 seconds. After every move in Sudden time control, 30 seconds will be added to the players turn that just moved. An "F" will be shown as a reminder the bonus time is in effect."

I have one of the older Game Time II models and I have tried in vain to set the 30-second increment to no avail. The option simply isn't available.

Excalibur is no longer in business, and therefore, there's no way to get feedback on this issue.