Forums

Rocky Mountain Chess Cabin

Sort:
Master_Po

Finally!  Someone noticed the Dr. Pepper can!  

Al-Khalifa93

LOL Laughing I love that American Drink...one of the best drinks ever..Cool

cabadenwurt

Nice photos DaveyWilliams ! Regarding that photo of your town, if it wasn't for that low spot in the road and the hills in the background it would look very much like the small town that I live in now, looks good. 

Metastable

Davy - that place looks like the perfect getaway. And those blue water jugs look real familiar - we take them up to our cabin too in the summer. (You have to enjoy a nice picture of jugs, right? :-) We're just hitting the colours up here too - lots of yellow in your shots- is that poplar, or what do you guys have?

Joseph-S
DavyWilliams wrote:
  Who's that guy in the red frame?? 

Bruce Lee?

NimzoRoy

What state is it in?

Master_Po

The yellow trees are aspen.  95% of the trees here are aspen and ponderosa pine.  The 2nd photo of town, is the old gold mining town...see at the top, that's where they strip mine and bring lots of gold out - the company's called Anglo Gold.  They have most of their operations in S. Africa, but have the one big mine here too.  You got it Joseph, that's Bruce.  

rooperi

Yeah, Anglo-gold is big around here

Over here, of course, it's  spring, not autumn.

On our west coast (Namaqualand) the wild flowers are in full bloom now, wish I could go have a look :)

Master_Po

Beutiful Rooperi!  Are those naturally growing in the wild?  or in someone's yard?  

rooperi

Nope, all natural. Busloads of japanese tourists at the moment, lol

Master_Po

. . . and drink Holy water out of the water cooler.  rofl  

Scottrf

Nice photos!

Master_Po

Thanks...and ironically, tonight we may have our first now...it's 26 degrees F (-3 C )  out right now.  

Roma60

i would love to live a place like that it seems so peaceful. i live in london and to tell the truth its the pits. if i win the lottery i will come and visit and play a series of chess matches.

Master_Po

You got it.  No police sirens, fire sirens, no traffice jams, only wild deer, elk, bobcats, wild turkies, black bear and red tailed hawks.  

Roma60

one thing needs to be done to your chess cabin. paint the walls a different colour or put chess pictures over the walls red is not the right colour put a light summer green you will notice the cabin come alive.

Master_Po

Think I'll stick with red.  Long live the Queen!  

Roma60

ok mate you know best is there any wild animals that could attack you.

Master_Po

Most definately - I've seen many black bears, neighbor has seen mt. lions  and there's always the chance Obbamma is out prowling around.