x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

The Soviet Grandmaster Supreme Set, A Magnificent Reproduction

  • #21

    I did not want to believe what I saw!
    One of my dreams,  made alongside the extraordinary NOJ 61!
    Extraordinary replica. Years and years to dream to see a set of these. So simple, so perfect, so beautiful!
    FINALLY, A HISTORICAL JEWELER REPRODUCED! AT NOJ'S LEVEL!
    Congratulation GREAT CHESS LOVER-Chuck!

  • #22

     Chuck, this set looks very nice and looks to be one of the best reproductions out.

    I gathered that you retired from work, but I am really glad you have not retired from getting some very nice Chess equipment.

  • #23
    I love the rooks!
  • #24

    Very nice Chuck! The set has a lot of history for sure

  • #25
    cgrau wrote:

    Over the past months, Yurii Kuznetsov, Traces of Time on Etsy, has worked to reproduce the most elegant of the many variations of the iconic Soviet Grandmaster design.

    That's a fantastic reproduction, Chuck. Really Beautiful. Would you be willing to share a link? I can't find this set on Etsy...

  • #26

    I want!

  • #27
    Ronbo710 wrote:

    Very nice!!  I like how he captured the slimness of the rook's trunk. 

    Thanks, Ron! Yurii is quite talented.

  • #28
    Eyechess wrote:

     Chuck, this set looks very nice and looks to be one of the best reproductions out.

    I gathered that you retired from work, but I am really glad you have not retired from getting some very nice Chess equipment.

    Hi Ron! I've retired from the law partnership, and remain of counsel, working for particular clients on particular matters. Thanks for the kind sentiment! I've had a few projects brewing, some of which, like this one, are now coming to fruition. Others are just getting started. Stay tuned!

  • #29
    liml wrote:
    I love the rooks!

    Me too. What really distinguishes this version of the GM set, though, are the knights, which while showing their Soviet influence, bear a strong resemblance to English and French knights.

  • #30
    AKovyazin wrote:

    Very nice Chuck! The set has a lot of history for sure

    Indeed it does. (And I'll get your package off tomorrow--all is well!)

  • #31
    FrankHelwig wrote:
    cgrau wrote:

    Over the past months, Yurii Kuznetsov, Traces of Time on Etsy, has worked to reproduce the most elegant of the many variations of the iconic Soviet Grandmaster design.

    That's a fantastic reproduction, Chuck. Really Beautiful. Would you be willing to share a link? I can't find this set on Etsy...

    Many thanks, Frank! This is the first set of its type, developed over the last six months. I helped furnish Yurii with photo research, and offered some feedback on his prototype. I suspect he'll sell many of these beauties, but he often makes sets reserved for particular buyers, so I suggest you message him on Etsy and discuss it. Here is the link for this set...

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/591938777/reserved-vintage-rare-original-soviet?show_sold_out_detail=1

     

  • #32

    Thanks @cgrau for sharing all your pics. Truly inspiring. The link above requires a login?!

    Try this: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TracesOfTimeSU?ref=shop_name_search_sugg

     

  • #33
    Aspasa wrote:

    Thanks @cgrau for sharing all your pics. Truly inspiring. The link above requires a login?!

    Try this: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TracesOfTimeSU?ref=shop_name_search_sugg

     

    Many thanks. Try this one. 

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/591938777/reserved-vintage-rare-original-soviet?show_sold_out_detail=1

  • #34

    Very, very nice pieces. Thanks for sharing Chuck!

  • #35
    Fer8799 wrote:

    Very, very nice pieces. Thanks for sharing Chuck!

    You are very welcome!

  • #36

    a nice looking set.

     Is it weighted too?

     

     

  • #37
    ZaidejasChEgis wrote:

    a nice looking set.

     Is it weighted too?

     

     

    Many thanks. It is heavily weighted. 

    null

    null

  • #38
    I’m really liking the colour of the pieces. The shade of the white pieces looks great.
Top

Online Now