x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

"The whole country was one mighty chessboard"--Official Staunton's 1966 Havana Olympiad Set

Many thanks Chuck for your collaboration with Carl and Official Staunton in making this historic reproduction possible. And thanks for the games and hsitory of this great Olympiad. 

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Did we miss Chuck's Birthday?!?!

Looking back over the pics, chuck, I noted a similarity in #19 & 20 to the table and set on the Reykjavik stage for game one of Spassky-Fischer in 1972.  Some modifications by Geoffrey Parker Studio on this Havana design, but, I wonder, if close enough to have reminded Bobby of his failure to defeat his great rival in 1966.  The first Fischer win over Spassky came in game three of the 1972 match on a different set and board !

Rsava wrote:

No. It's today!

Cheers, Chuck!

null

Well, then! 

null

informaticacobach29 wrote:

Great post Chuck!! 

Many thanks, Manuel, especially for your help on this project!

goodknightmike wrote:

Many thanks Chuck for your collaboration with Carl and Official Staunton in making this historic reproduction possible. And thanks for the games and hsitory of this great Olympiad. 

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks, Mike!

Impractical wrote:

Looking back over the pics, chuck, I noted a similarity in #19 & 20 to the table and set on the Reykjavik stage for game one of Spassky-Fischer in 1972.  Some modifications by Geoffrey Parker Studio on this Havana design, but, I wonder, if close enough to have reminded Bobby of his failure to defeat his great rival in 1966.  The first Fischer win over Spassky came in game three of the 1972 match on a different set and board !

Interesting point, Mark.

UpcountryRain wrote:
    Rsava wrote:

No. It's today!

Cheers, Chuck!

Salud!

Rsava wrote:

Well, then! 

Old is right.

Well, Chuck! You've done it again. I have no words to describe this pictorial. It's just great!  I'm a little late with my post, but on time to wish you a happy birthday. Best wishes! happy.png

партия сыгранная с компьютером должна быть засчитана как ничья когда было бесконечное повторение ходов и противник приналичии фезя слона не

противник при наличии ферзя слона и ладьи против голого короля без конца повторял бездарные одни и те же ходы

партия сыгранная с компьютером должна быть засчитана как ничья когда было бесконечное повторение ходов и противник приналичии фезя слона не

противник при наличии ферзя слона и ладьи против голого короля без конца повторял бездарные одни и те же ходы

Noswals wrote:

Well, Chuck! You've done it again. I have no words to describe this pictorial. It's just great!  I'm a little late with my post, but on time to wish you a happy birthday. Best wishes! 

Many thanks, Walt!

Online Now