Forums

What chess books should I get?

Sort:
SmyslovFan

Wow! I have that book. It's worth ~$2. 

CrecyWar
SmyslovFan wrote:

Wow! I have that book. It's worth ~$2. Cool Do you have the Ticket too?

SmyslovFan

No. I don't have any use for a ticket to a chess tournament that was played before I was born.

CrecyWar

I didn't think so.

SmyslovFan

The thread is about what chess books the OP should get, not what collectibles he should buy. 

Are you advertising this for yourself?

CrecyWar

Oh please...

dWF5Gt
BryPin wrote:

@ Lesliec1951  Nice that someone agrees...see third book down in picture on comment #35.  That book and Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess are great beginner books, can't go wrong.

Yes - Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/Bobby-Fischer-Teaches-Chess/dp/0553263153/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398884811&sr=1-1&keywords=bobby+fischer+teaches+chess

CrecyWar

Everyone should have a copy of Bobby Fischer's classic, " My 60 Memorable Games ".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301168889323?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

BryPin

@ CrecyWar or anyone else...has anyone read "A Legend on the Road: Bobby Fischer's 1964 Simultaneous Exhibition Tour" ?

konhidras
BryPin wrote:

@ CrecyWar or anyone else...has anyone read "A Legend on the Road: Bobby Fischer's 1964 Simultaneous Exhibition Tour" ?

Nope. But i have "the unknown bobby fischer" which also discusses and analyzes his entire simul tours. Great read it looked like non russians play better against Fischer specially those from the Richmond High. :)

CrecyWar

I have not read it, but I noted 6 reviews on amazon...all 5 Stars. OK bought it for $9. Thanks.  Surprised

BryPin

Thanks! My father played BF in either 63 or 64 (he's 82 now). Trying to see if he made any of the books because he lost everything about it in a basement flood years ago. I'll get it and check, it will be worth it either way.

Appreciated.

SmyslovFan

All of CrecyWar's recommendations are for books sold by a single seller on EBay. What a strange coincidence. 

Ziryab

Magnus Force by Colin Crouch