Where is the best price for a Drueke 2.25" chessboard??

licxjo

Have you written to Mr. Drueke?  I don't think he would want to be selling sub-standard work, and would probably be willing to make things right.  It never hurts to ask . . .

PolarChess

You think he does not know?  He was the one that made it!!

ROBB_CHESS

Sorry to hear that Polar... It really makes me upset when I hear of things like that... Maybe ya could return the board for a refund then save a bit and keep checking for one of the originals that might come up for sale in the future... Anyway good luck...

9kick9

That has to hurt bigtime.! Can you post some picks that we can look at the board.? Thanks!

PolarChess

I just noticed Legend Products is selling some very beautiful chessboards; if and it is a big "IF" the shipped product looks like the glossy pictures!

andy277
PolarChess wrote:

You think he does not know?  He was the one that made it!!

There was a previous post here about a board that was not the best and Bill Drueke posted to acknowledge that it was a mistake, but he didn't explain how a mistake went out the door to a customer. What bothered me the most was that, although the purchaser got a refund, they still had to pay return (and possibly original) shipping, so they still ended up out of pocket for an acknowledged error on the seller's part.

9kick9
PolarChess wrote:

I just noticed Legend Products is selling some very beautiful chessboards; if and it is a big "IF" the shipped product looks like the glossy pictures!

You can always call & ask Dennis Peterson the owner of Legend Chess. Those Becker Boards are top notch IMO. They are made by a New England area Craftsman. He uses a tecnique called floating squares so that temperature changes dont effect the board. There was an article online about the Becker Boards some time ago. I don't think I have ever seen a Becker Board on Ebay. The owners just won't part with them because they are that good.!

FrankHelwig

I have done business with Legend/Dennis, and in my experience he's top notch and really cares about the quality of his products.

mklamb

Since folks started to mention other makers, thought I would put in a link for the following boards. I have none of them but was reading the chesshouse.com blog and came across these. 

http://www.chesshouse.com/Summerville_New_England_Chessboards_s/365.htm

Priced around 550-1000

http://www.summerville-newengland.com/

(link does not work today)

ROBB_CHESS

Love full block boards like the above and looks like it's built like a tank... The only concern I would have is no space around the edges. ie...Wish the blocks were more inlayed...and of course wow on the prices... 

9kick9

Polarchess has not provided pics of his recent Druke Board. I think polarchess is nit picking an A-1 Druke Board IMO.

Verbesserung

For you to have that opinion, have you done a real-life comparrision with your own eyes?

Scrumpus
PolarChess wrote:

Just took a look at these pieces from Legend: horrible, 1990s website and even worse pieces - how can they make the knight taller than the bishop???? Absurd design.