send me a pm message, and i'll tell you what to do and how we will start

delaaaaa
Still available?
KnightRex
delaaaaa wrote:
Still available?

yeah, send a private message

WorldChessMentor

Hello, if you are a beginner I recommend the following approach which will 100% work: 1. get some basics opening knowledge: that is basic opening principles and a simple opening for white and for black. After you do that, of course play a lot, study games of masters and etc. it is very important, BUT, the main focus at the beginning must be at TACTICS: that is solve A LOT of tactical exercise, problems, puzzles - at least 200 per day every single day. Nothing will help you PROGRESS AS FAST as tactics. Focus 60-80% maybe even 90% of your attention to it and you will see huge results. After you see big results in tactical vision you may then pay more attention to other things like strategy, typical plans, ideas etc.

MustangMate

This "tactics" business is a myth. A lot of hype by lazy instructors. Solving "puzzles" is no doubt of a certain value, but like everything else, if it is blindly followed there will be little long term improvement. 

Look around, find and study what will hold your interest. Learning basic endgames is as valuable as learning a few basic openings. Chess consists of space, pawn structure, force and time. Learning concepts and general principles that can be applied to your preferred style is far more beneficial than solving puzzles. 

Of what value is solving puzzles, usually but a few moves, when a whole game needs playing? 

"Tactics" is the latest craze. Lazy "instructors" sign up beginners and send off puzzles. Well, whoopty-do. As if they are working hard for their $ frustrated.png

KnightRex
WorldChessMentor wrote:

Hello, if you are a beginner I recommend the following approach which will 100% work: 1. get some basics opening knowledge: that is basic opening principles and a simple opening for white and for black. After you do that, of course play a lot, study games of masters and etc. it is very important, BUT, the main focus at the beginning must be at TACTICS: that is solve A LOT of tactical exercise, problems, puzzles - at least 200 per day every single day. Nothing will help you PROGRESS AS FAST as tactics. Focus 60-80% maybe even 90% of your attention to it and you will see huge results. After you see big results in tactical vision you may then pay more attention to other things like strategy, typical plans, ideas etc.

Well, thanks for your attention, but i'm not a beginner at all, and i know that, but thanks for your effort)

KnightRex
MustangMate wrote:

This "tactics" business is a myth. A lot of hype by lazy instructors. Solving "puzzles" is no doubt of a certain value, but like everything else, if it is blindly followed there will be little long term improvement. 

Look around, find and study what will hold your interest. Learning basic endgames is as valuable as learning a few basic openings. Chess consists of space, pawn structure, force and time. Learning concepts and general principles that can be applied to your preferred style is far more beneficial than solving puzzles. 

Of what value is solving puzzles, usually but a few moves, when a whole game needs playing? 

"Tactics" is the latest craze. Lazy "instructors" sign up beginners and send off puzzles. Well, whoopty-do. As if they are working hard for their $

Well thanks for your effort, but again i'm not a beginner, and i know all of that, and i don't do puzzles here btw)

thanks for your attention!

KnightRex
baconandeggz wrote:

Why are you 1520?

I was tied to the fifth place U18 this year in my country, and it was my first classic tournament so far

MustangMate

I surmise the OP is suffering from a typical case entitled "delusions of grandeur."

The affliction is commonly observed. U18 and ready to enlighten the world after a seemingly unprecedented result ! 

It is admirable his willingness to share and educate. But perhaps (actually, most certainly) further experience - like many years worth - is needed before embarking on a coaching path. Potentially, unfounded advice does far more harm than any insights from a beginner. You are a beginner (OP) whether you know it or not, in the sense of the length of time playing. You place far to much significance on your single, trivial success. (In the big picture.) 

The skills required for the proper teaching of chess far exceed that of being a decent player. Proper training is necessary in areas other than knowing chess principles. (Communication, organization, structured lesson plans etc.) We see 100's of members here offering their services for a fee, thinking their rating qualifies them as a teacher/coach. If 1 out of 10 are worth a nickel, it'd be surprising. 

Certainly, enlighten friends and potential new players about this great board game. But you are offering advice to players rated much higher than yourself (100's of points is much higher) and who have been playing for many more years than yourself. Perhaps 1st, a little introspection, self education regarding teaching methodology and groups you wish to target are in order.

On an important note: if you are taking on students, it is necessary for <18 to be participating with parent/guardian permission. (Since you are <18 yourself, you should likely inquire of CC Staff your status regarding the advertising of your services.)

KnightRex
MustangMate wrote:

I surmise the OP is suffering from a typical case entitled "delusions of grandeur."

The affliction is commonly observed. U18 and ready to enlighten the world after a seemingly unprecedented result ! 

It is admirable his willingness to share and educate. But perhaps (actually, most certainly) further experience - like many years worth - is needed before embarking on a coaching path. Potentially, unfounded advice does far more harm than any insights from a beginner. You are a beginner (OP) whether you know it or not, in the sense of the length of time playing. You place far to much significance on your single, trivial success. (In the big picture.) 

The skills required for the proper teaching of chess far exceed that of being a decent player. Proper training is necessary in areas other than knowing chess principles. (Communication, organization, structured lesson plans etc.) We see 100's of members here offering their services for a fee, thinking their rating qualifies them as a teacher/coach. If 1 out of 10 are worth a nickel, it'd be surprising. 

Certainly, enlighten friends and potential new players about this great board game. But you are offering advice to players rated much higher than yourself (100's of points is much higher) and who have been playing for many more years than yourself. Perhaps 1st, a little introspection, self education regarding teaching methodology and groups you wish to target are in order.

On an important note: if you are taking on students, it is necessary for <18 to be participating with parent/guardian permission. (Since you are <18 yourself, you should likely inquire of CC Staff your status regarding the advertising of your services.)

Well

I'm proud of myself, and very confident, so i really don't care what you're saying

And it's none of your business, it's a forum and it's my topic. I have 100% of freedom as long as i'm not damaging someone's feeling or anything else.

And rating is just a number btw and i'm not a beginner 

Thanks for your comment)