looking for FREE coach. my rating is 1400-1700

benwithdagrin
I’m looking for a FREE COACH to help me improve my game. I have been playing for 3-4 years on and off. I will admit I have been on a 6 month break and am rusty. But I can pick it up quickly my highest rating was 1698. I just want some help with a person who is available to help at least a couple games a day and during/after each game go over it. Your rating must be 1700+. Thanks and happy chess to everyone.
notmtwain
benwithdagrin wrote:
I’m looking for a FREE COACH to help me improve my game. I have been playing for 3-4 years on and off. I will admit I have been on a 6 month break and am rusty. But I can pick it up quickly my highest rating was 1698. I just want some help with a person who is available to help at least a couple games a day and during/after each game go over it. Your rating must be 1700+. Thanks and happy chess to everyone.

Try advertising for a free cook or a free house cleaner and see what you get.

If learning chess is worth something to you,  then find a way to pay for lessons.  Most people here did not have private tutors. They learned through reading books and studying the games of the great players.

There are great resources available here and other places on the net for nothing. Why not do the tactics problems and lessons that are available to you?

notmtwain

Why don't you examine your own losses to see where you went wrong? What happened here?

RonPaulsSteelBalls

It is a funny proposition. Honestly play and review your games. Add people to your friends list that are better than you and play them often. I will trade you free lessons for a free house. or add me and we can play 1 minute games to get you thinking more.

jjupiter6

I'm looking for someone to take time to analyse my games every day and contact me with the analysis. You will get nothing in return.

benwithdagrin
I’m not seeking full time help. Mainly a better player to just play regularly and if available to go over games then obviously I’d take the help but if not I can analyze myself. I do study some of my own losses and mainly I move to fast most of the time and don’t look far enough ahead. Not saying I never get outplayed just the majority of losses are from moving without looking far in advance.
notmtwain
benwithdagrin wrote:
I’m not seeking full time help. Mainly a better player to just play regularly and if available to go over games then obviously I’d take the help but if not I can analyze myself. I do study some of my own losses and mainly I move to fast most of the time and don’t look far enough ahead. Not saying I never get outplayed just the majority of losses are from moving without looking far in advance.

In that game I posted, do you know that 14 Bxh6 was a blunder?

Why did you play that move? You helped to bring down the roof on your head.

ChessNoob1827

“In America, FREE STUFF IS FAKE STUFF.”

-Me

GMKopanolvsky

Why is everyone being critical of this man? I'll do it!

benwithdagrin
Notmtwain: yes I blunder at times and make mistakes just like any other player. The game you speak of I made multiple mistakes just like you do when I evaluated some of your losses. I do read, I do study, I play tactics I do all that. I love this game from the moment I played. But I feel as if the absolute best way to improve is to just play and learn. That’s all I’m wanting everyone, is a better player to play with a few times a day. That’s it. “Coach”was the wrong word to use I apologize. If I ever become great at the game I will provide free lessons to anyone I feel has the desire to learn and improve. Mark my words.
SecretGm3

Before you get confused with so many random chess advice. Read my article.

Aizen89

I couldn't agree more with notmtwain.  Good luck finding something of value for free.  That said, a good option might be to find a player from another country.  I recently came across a guy from The Philippines who is rated like 2100 on here and who is interested in charging just $5 per hour.  I'd wager that even if you're young and you start doing odd jobs for people that you could come up with some cash there.  

benwithdagrin
Secretgm3. where is your article?
SecretGm3

Me I will charge you 150usd for your 18 months of chess. And that is 27 cents a day. Lol. But I do.

SecretGm3

You can't say I am strong but I am not weak. We had the same problems but I managed not to get stuck at your stage.  I did not have freebies but I did not spend big. null

gambitacademy