1.e4 is over-rated

  • #101
    Irontiger wrote:

    Playing 1...a6 to refute 1.f3 (game 2)... My eyes ! My eyes are burning !

    lol I was just playing around

  • #102

    Game 2 is a good example of the weak dark squares and eventually white got mated on them! F3 is a weaking move!

  • #103

    I argue with the call of stop arguing but just for the history i called the idea about 1.f3 not you as a person

    Big difference ;)

  • #104

    Game 4 is over! and I am the winner!



  • #105

    Game 5: not worth posting, I won on time like a few minutes ago. 

    the score is now 2.5-1.5

  • #106

    games 6 and 7 won both on time. 

    4.5-1.5

  • #107
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:ok

    games 6 and 7 won both on time. 

    4.5-1.5

    what happened to the OP? Hes seemed quiet.Looks like he's changed his mind about his opinion huh? Congrats btw.

  • #108
    konhidras wrote:
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:ok

    games 6 and 7 won both on time. 

    4.5-1.5

    what happened to the OP? Hes seemed quiet.Looks like he's changed his mind about his opinion huh? Congrats btw.

    yeah ikr, and thanks :) I suspect that he was muted or hacked. hope I changed his mind ^^

    game 8 - he flags in 6 hours

  • #109

    Doesn't look good.  f3 weakens the kingside.

     

    If you are really afraid the e4 pawn will be taken, then at least do d3 instead of f3.  After d3 + e4 + g3 + Bg2, you can reach the KIA, which while is not a great opening is at least decent in club play.

  • #110

    game 8 - won on time.

    5.5-1.5

  • #111

    This is mediocre trolling. C.

  • #112

    ok, well I won the match, so I guess his point was refuted -_-

  • #113
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:

    ok, well I won the match, so I guess his point was refuted -_-

    "Me stronger, thus me right" is cavesman logic.

  • #114
    Irontiger wrote:
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:

    ok, well I won the match, so I guess his point was refuted -_-

    "Me stronger, thus me right" is cavesman logic.

    well in chess it does mean someone when you beat someone. it USUALLY means that they are worse.

  • #115
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:
    Irontiger wrote:
    thunder_tiger123 wrote:

    ok, well I won the match, so I guess his point was refuted -_-

    "Me stronger, thus me right" is cavesman logic.

    well in chess it does mean someone when you beat someone. it USUALLY means that they are worse.

    True - not that the opening used is worse.

    With the White side of 1.f3 d5 2.g3 e5, Carlsen would beat me more than 90% of the time. Yet you will agree that this is a more than decent opening for Black.

    Although I agree that 1.f3 is not a great move, a bunch of games where White loses after doing significant mistakes is not a proof of it.

  • #116

    ok

    but the opening is worse...

  • #117

    This game is a proper example of how 1.f3 move should be used. Its novelty and efficiency can't be denied.

    The white player,the famous teacher of Vasily Smyslov proves the amazing new concepts of the f3 opening.



or Join

Online Now