Forums

A Bust to the Patzer Opening

Sort:
viche83

yes I was talking about a masters database indeed. Which is not a masters database is of no interest if I write about a masters database.

The_Gavinator

Bro Chess365 isn't a masters database, considering that there's 4 move mates and 2 move mates, there is a masters database option, but that only has nakamura games...

Ben_Dubuque

h4 is interesting. I think neither h4 nor d6 hand either side a pawn

Rubidium

Where do you see a "free pawn"?

10.Bxf7+ Kxf7 11.b4 d6 (11...Rf8 and 11...Kg7 are also fine) and after taking on a5 material is still equal, but White has worsened his position on the queenside. Try not shooting yourself on the foot next time.

10. Bxf7 Kxf7 11. b4! d6 (your recommendation) 12. bxa5 Qxa5 13. Qxf6. Did I miss something? That was in my head, I apologize if I was wrong.

No, you didn't miss something important. Just 13...Kxf6, but I guess you can pwn Black with the Parham even being a Queen down.

13.0-0 Kg7 folowed by ...Rf8 is an easy advantage for Black: Two bishops and better pawn structure, while the king is absolutely safe on g7- after all, white cannot attack with a lone queen.

viche83

I am not using chess365 as the database I mentioned. Don't you get it? In the masters database are only a few (not more than 30, which should be an indicator why 2. Qh5 does not work) 2. Qh5, but they nearly all lose. That is what I was saying.

Ben_Dubuque

so what would you play after 6. ... h6 whatup and Gavinator

The_Gavinator

Why not just do the line above and win a knight?

The_Gavinator
VivaChe wrote:

@ gavinator

the database (for Master Games of course, but that is where you have the Ruy from as well) for 2. Qh5 and further "Parham" favours black with over 70%.

I used chess365...

Ben_Dubuque

funny thing is what up,in those lines Rubidium posted you CANT play Bc5 lol

viche83

I don't care what you used.

My Database is pretty up to date and has mastergames in it, and when they don't use 2. Qh5 (or the percentage of blacks success is very good) it is obvious that it is not a good opening at master level. It might be ok if you face an inexperienced player but otherwise it is crap.

Ben_Dubuque

no, it is not a blunder

I agree completely with Rubidium's post.

Rubidium
VivaChe wrote:

I don't care what you used.

My Database is pretty up to date and has mastergames in it, and when they don't use 2. Qh5 (or the percentage of blacks success is very good) it is obvious that it is not a good opening at master level. It might be ok if you face an inexperienced player but otherwise it is crap.

Thank you for this beautiful comment. Sadly, you are talking to deaf and blind people, who will not learn. 

The_Gavinator

Vivache, you said it's where I got my info...

Rubidiums is a joke so i didnt read it

The Bc5 was after your Ne8 jetfighter....

Ben_Dubuque

where would you place it, BTW what would you do after 6. ... h6

The_Gavinator

Jetfighter, I would do the line you posted at the top of the 2nd page, because you hung a knight there, and free knights are good.

Rubidium
The_Gavinator wrote:

Vivache, you said it's where I got my info...

Rubidiums is a joke so i didnt read it

The Bc5 was after your Ne8 jetfighter....

My post was a bookline and a game between 2 strong players.

The_Gavinator

Idk g5 didn't seem too serious...

browni3141

Sorry jetfighter, but you should probably get much better at tactics gain a much better understanding of chess in general before trying to refute opening lines.

The_Gavinator

So it's agreed, the Parham pwns?

viche83

lol