Forums

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

Sort:
The_Gavinator

That's a 400 year old beginners error

Helzeth
jetfighter13 wrote:

The KG is far from an automatic loss for white when played, if there is a line that outright refutes it, then please post it, you could make millions.

The KG may give black shot's at equality, but he must know the theory, White has great attacking possibilites with the open lines he creates, and the Kingside isn't as weak as it seems.

Ben_Dubuque

there I just play the mainline, because I don't like the Anti-Sicilians

Helzeth
jetfighter13 wrote:

there I just play the mainline, because I don't like the Anti-Sicilians

what mainline?

edit: I love that this thread has had almost nothing to do with the scotch.

what plan do you follow here?

I'm just curious.

Ben_Dubuque

I just develop the rest of my pieces, B-c4,e3/g5

0-0, and get my fpawn rolling to weaken blacks center and if the true main line was played (the most common variation)

Helzeth

are you saying the najdorf is the only sicilian mainline? D:

I gave my diagram and asked for your continuation!

Ben_Dubuque

no, I was just saying the najdorf is the most often played, against the Dragon, I either play the Yugoslav 9.0-0-0 or the Levenfish

Helzeth
alexlaw wrote:

i play the dragon, sveshnikov, taimanov/kan and the najdorf. It is a headache to play against me otb. well i also play the caro-kann and a6, but these openings aren't nearly as complicated.

haha, I'm the opposite. Or at least otb. I only play the taimanov/QGD as black and the english opening as white

The_Gavinator

The Najdorf is gay, Classical is the way to go.

finalunpurez

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

The_Gavinator

I just play the Classical Sicilian, up to the Nc6 move, I don't know any theory after that. It's just very natural, and leaves you with a good position.

NachtWulf
finalunpurez wrote:

Closed sicllian, c3 sicillian and Bb5+ sidelines is the way to handle book eaters :P

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

Helzeth
NachtWulf wrote:
finalunpurez wrote:

This is why I like facing the Sicilian as white! Unless you spend a dozen hours for every one that I put into studying theory, it's likely I'll be more prepared.

Any dedicated sicilian player does not fear the silly sidelines.

Maybe it's because I play the english (where I often get a closed sicilian as white) but getting a closed sicilian literally makes me happy. The same goes for alapin or morra gambit(which I transform into alapin with nf6)

It's like.. Well. I'm fine in the opening, time to outplay my opponent instead of ''I really hope he isnt going to play the english attack :xxxxx

NachtWulf
whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

CHCL
NachtWulf wrote:
whatupyodog2 wrote:

Why dont you guys learn how to play good before you study all your opening theory crap.

...says the guy who specializes in opening novelties.

LOLLaughing

CHCL

I think they moved to another Parham forum. There has been like 5 or so Parham forums. This is just ridiculous. Chess.com should add Parham to their spell check.LOL

The_Gavinator

There's a difference between using the Parham and winning games, and memorizing the first 20 moves of the ruy lopez...

CHCL

But they have the Lopez in their spell check.Tongue out

CHCL

Both games are filled with blunders. You have got to give us better examples.

RalphTheWonderLlama

White looks pretty retarded here.

This forum topic has been locked