Forums

Any recommended openings?

Samurai-X

happy.png LMAO

What if the opponent plays e6 and then he can't play the Ruy Lopez at all?

If he faces the Berlin Defense, then he plays against the Berlin Defense, 4. d3 or 4. 0-0. And by the way, plenty of GM level players have also played 4. Bxc6 vs the Berlin as well. Completely playable at his level and on much of the professional level as well.

icyboyyy

yeah u can still play the exchange in the berlin, tho d3 or castling is better

RivertonKnight

Macho Grob and Grob highly recommended on this site!

RivertonKnight

And if you get bored throw the h and a pawns out first !

PuffyFoot

caro kann

kimliy

As i see most of you guys are around 1800 rated, i wanna know why im not getting better at chess..

kimliy
ZackShade wrote:
kimliy wrote:

As i see most of you guys are around 1800 rated, i wanna know why im not getting better at chess..

Actually the average rating on this website is 841....  So don't sweat what these guys are rated.

I dont mean in general, i mean the people who are writing in this forum lol

kimliy
ZackShade wrote:
kimliy wrote:
ZackShade wrote:
kimliy wrote:

Actually the average rating on this website is 841....  So don't sweat what these guys are rated.

I dont mean in general, i mean the people who are writing in this forum lol

May I ask how long you have been playing ?

6 years, but i quit for like 4 years and now im back to chess

kimliy

I mean i played chess like once a day, but i wasnt learning new stuff like openings, and master games. I was just playing for fun, but now i'm quite serious in chess

YidingL1

hippo

chamo2074

Well we need to know what your issue is first

darkunorthodox88

try 1.e4 b6. 

at the lower levels, it is quite a slugfest and pieces are flying all over the place. At the higher levels, it becomes a lot more positional and maneuvering though. 

kimliy
ZackShade wrote:

I hear your mom has a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED OPENING @Kimliy   

ok?

Rusofil_Petyr_Petrov

Sorry, translate is wrong! BELI=white

The computer is definite, and there is no such move in the list of masters?! Qd3?! 5. in debute-line 🅱️4️⃣4️⃣
I'm studying this line and I fell into the matе, masters and computer in total contradiction ?!