Any tips for playing the bird?

Sort:
WilliamSchill

don't

chesshole
melvinbluestone wrote:

@chesshole:

"you should use 2...g5?! for notation"

You'll have to take that up with Hobbs, whoever he was.......

To be fair, though, I did say 1...g5 was dubious, and I'm certainly not recommending it. Unless you're in a hurry and want to get the game over with quick!

?! means a dubious move.  !? means a surprising move

Master_Po

What does the infinity symbol mean? (8 turned sideways)  i was reading a book and it had this after a move.  Don't know if it was a typo or not. 

StMichealD
wschill wrote:

don't

if not, what should i play?

StMichealD
wschill wrote:

don't

what about the english?-->Any tips for playing the English?

chesshole
StMichealD wrote:
wschill wrote:

don't

what about the english?-->Any tips for playing the English?

make sure you don't make fun of their teeth and give them enough time for a tea break before rematching them.

chesshole
manfredmann wrote:
Unmaster wrote:
manfredmann wrote:
Remellion wrote:

1. f4 c5 invites you to an old Grand Prix.

Aha! This is the famous 'Grand Old Ah Prix' I've been hearing about?

I got the joke even if no one else did, Manfred.    

Bless you, Unmaster

to be fair though it's not that funny.  If you could have made all the word actual words, even if you used a French word since the name is French, it would have been funnier.  Instead you use 'Ah' which isn't even a word.  It's like you really had to force the pun.  Anybody can make puns if they use sounds instead of words.

-Authority on humor,

Chesshole

JustinAkatsuki

"How to play the bird?"

-The bird is the word-

StMichealD

hmm

TitanCG

How about that airplane food?

unterseegoat

LoveYouSoMuch
beardogjones wrote:

Your first move also weakens the h4-e1 diagonal.   Is this REALLY the

way you want to start a chess game?

YES

some weird people also play something called the "dutch", it also moves the f-pawn in the first move, but as black. isn't that crazy?

chesshole
manfredmann wrote:
chesshole wrote:
manfredmann wrote:
Unmaster wrote:
manfredmann wrote:
Remellion wrote:

1. f4 c5 invites you to an old Grand Prix.

Aha! This is the famous 'Grand Old Ah Prix' I've been hearing about?

I got the joke even if no one else did, Manfred.    

Bless you, Unmaster

to be fair though it's not that funny.  If you could have made all the word actual words, even if you used a French word since the name is French, it would have been funnier.  Instead you use 'Ah' which isn't even a word.  It's like you really had to force the pun.  Anybody can make puns if they use sounds instead of words.

-Authority on humor,

Chesshole

I wasn't aware that there was a code of practice for writing puns! Do you have a university degree in this subject? Perhaps you are a member of a secret punning society? Who made you an authority on humor? You seem to have the mentality of a critic. As we all know, critics are like chessholes, everyone has to have one.

Please allow me to correct you again.  I believe you meant to say 'opinions are like chessholes, everyone has to have one'  It wouldn't make sense to 'have a critic' would it?  It's ok, I am sure you will make sense next time.

Authority on the English language,

-Chesshole

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Secret punning society?!  Sounds fun! :D

StMichealD
ScorpionPackAttack wrote:

Secret punning society?!  Sounds fun! :D

same here