Forums

Black Defense Against all White Openings?

Sort:
theturk93

What can I play against all white openings which is OK? 

player2187

kings indian is the initial opening i usually go with because it is flexible depending on whites variations.

there is no real end all defense that is gauranteed tho

Swindlers_List

1..g6 2..bg7 3..c5

RyanMurphy5

1...Nf6 is playable against all first moves of white.

kiwi-inactive

The Kings Indian Defence... 

Here is another example of playing the KID (kings indian defence against another white opening)

airbus

It would be nice if there was such an universal opening, but unfortunately the case isn't so easy. In the end you have to think for yourself at some point no matter how. Sometimes early in the game, sometimes you can play by the books for some moves.

I think you should find yourself as a player first, search for if you are agressive or passive, like tactics or positional play. Many pieces on the board in complex situations or less pieces in quieter positions. And so on... Then it is easier to suggest some moves you could adobt in many (but not all) games. Quiet (long term) players could go for c6, g6 or Nf6 as first move (no matter what white do) and more tactical and agressive ones could go for c5, d5 or e5 (no matter what). But if this is in a chessclub you end up very predictible if you do this all the time.

Always try to bend the game into types of positions that suits you as a chessplayer.

All these thoughts doesn't work on high level of play and in standard timeframe games, of course. Then it is more complex to answer such a question. Good luck!

Gugajrf

c5 works fine agaisnt anything IMO.

kiwi-inactive
Gugajrf wrote:

c5 works fine agaisnt anything IMO.

That is also true, we have the open sicilian lines and closed sicilian lines...

Another example of using c5 opening for black...

And another example...

And also...

Malachi1971

Naturally, the Dark Knight System

mrOpenRuy

bro why did you revive this

pleewo

Yes, KID isn’t working for you so you went to a decade old forum that mentions the KID and asked about the dark knight system. Makes sense.

SamuelAjedrez95

The defence that chess deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

gik-tally
airbus wrote:

It would be nice if there was such an universal opening, but unfortunately the case isn't so easy. In the end you have to think for yourself at some point no matter how. Sometimes early in the game, sometimes you can play by the books for some moves.

that's funny... the last I heard, king's indian IS a universal opening playable against EVERYTHING from both sides of the board, but requires a ton of theory to master.

SamuelAjedrez95
1983B-Boy wrote:

that's funny... the last I heard, king's indian IS a universal opening playable against EVERYTHING from both sides of the board, but requires a ton of theory to master.

"The good thing about the king's indian is it doesn't matter what they play!"

SamuelAjedrez95
JayAySeaOhBee14 wrote:

@SamuelAjedrez95 wdym? If you mean the Dark Knight System, could you please send me an article or video on it?

Omg, you don't get the reference? Come on 🤣

Xandon717

The Sicilian

GaladrielEowyn
SamuelAjedrez95 wrote:
JayAySeaOhBee14 wrote:

@SamuelAjedrez95 wdym? If you mean the Dark Knight System, could you please send me an article or video on it?

Omg, you don't get the reference? Come on 🤣

I could never watch The Dark Night. So sad. Any actor who kills himself and we learn that a role he played had any level of complicity in his suicide is a tragedy. And tragic does not get at all I feel about that.

GaladrielEowyn

There should not be one opening or system. Chess is about out foxing the person across the table from you. It's more intense in person.