Forums

Budapest Gambit Please

Sort:
Smartattack

Hello fellow chess players,

Recently i ve started playing this gambit quite often,and wish to perfect my knowledge about it.Could you be please so kind to post some links here for your chess games involving this.Thanks in advance to all!

Smartattack

Nothing?

Streptomicin

No, I do not play it. I started to get more interested in gambits, as I never played them before. Right now I'm playing Blackmar-Diemer Gambit as much as I can. And I'm starting to understand gambits and love them more than before. I wanted to try and study Budapest and it is next on my list but it will have to w8. Till then I have nothing to show. I'm just bumping this thread.

Smartattack
Streptomicin wrote:

No, I do not play it. I started to get more interested in gambits, as I never played them before. Right now I'm playing Blackmar-Diemer Gambit as much as I can. And I'm starting to understand gambits and love them more than before. I wanted to try and study Budapest and it is next on my list but it will have to w8. Till then I have nothing to show. I'm just bumping this thread.

Thanks for stopping by,when u start playing it let me know.

Streptomicin

Actually, I was hoping to see some games here, as I want to learn about Budapest gambit too.

Smartattack
Streptomicin wrote:

Actually, I was hoping to see some games here, as I want to learn about Budapest gambit too.

Ok,i ll start by posting some of mine tomorrow.

Smartattack

Game that went terribly wrong for me:

http://blog.chess.com/Smartattack/portuguese-3rd-division

theprosecution1

Hey guys :)

Finally let me say something :)

Regarding gambits i find Fairowicz gambit much more interesting and trully surprising so try it out! Basically in the modern era of chess openings, all those famous and known gambits fell apart and they are more or less explored and almost refuted. Even though, if you look up for gambit it should be like Fischer used to say "something extremely old or something brand new!".

Anyways, i believe there are some Fairowicz lessons post on one of the sites (written by me) so check it out and try to find it probably "googling" it :)