x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

c4 as white: genius or mistake

I play it like a hyper accelerated dragon sicilian.

I agree. Over here C4 is abbreviation for a dismissal. Like yesterday john got his C4.

koala8 wrote:

I'll research main lines with c4 and show them

Ah, I was hoping for that.

koala8 wrote:

this is known as the english opening main lines

This is known as mislabeling (looks like you've got a little more research to do). Wink

AndyClifton wrote:
    koala8 wrote:

This is known as mislabeling (looks like you've got a little more research to do). 

main lines in master games

Sure looks like the Queen's Gambit to me... Smile

koala8 wrote:

ok here are some main lines

Wait a minute! That is definitely Queen's gambit!

koala8 wrote:
    AndyClifton wrote:
    koala8 wrote:

This is known as mislabeling (looks like you've got a little more research to do). 

main lines in master games

You got d4 c4 pawns with different move order... and " 1 c4 Nf3 2 d4  " has as many continuation as an india opening..

Opening usually means the position you reach but not the move order you make.

No opening is a mistake if you know how to play with it to your advantage. 

Of course, some may be more advantageous than others...

I do love the idea the the first move can be genius. It's hard enough finding one that is, without argument, a mistake...

1.c4 is the best kept anti-sicilian secret in chess.

A neat opening trap in the English.

transpo wrote:

1.c4 is the best kept anti-sicilian secret in chess.

Kind of an "if you can't beat em, join em" solution.

For me this has usually been a mistake in the past because, I am not enough of an aggressive attacker( it is too slow for development and castling, for my style), but I would say it was genius for Fischer...

yeah koala im quite familiar with that opening

Here's another neat opening trap in the English:

nameno1had wrote:

For me this has usually been a mistake in the past because, I am not enough of an aggressive attacker( it is too slow for development and castling, for my style), but I would say it was genius for Fischer...

Unless you are above 2000, you have no style

DutchBagel wrote:

nameno1had wrote:

Unless you are above 2000, you have no style

Why do you insist a lower rated player can't have a preference for the type of opening they choose, or the positions that ensue as a game progresses? To me, you are basically saying that lower rated players aren't educated enough to know what they prefer or how to pursue it. This is probably true of players below 1300 or 1400, but by then some of the more intelligent ones can decide between open games with sharp fights or closed games with positional play.

I will atleast acknowledge that some players' styles will change as they progress, gaining understanding and confidence, but who's to say that a guy who learns to calculate awesome attacks, prefers it to watching his opponent writhe, while trying cope with having to abandon his preferred attacking style, while he enjoys his positional prophylaxis.

Well, looks like you've got some training to do!

Online Now