Forums

Computer Analysis says 1...c5 is an Inaccuracy ???

Sort:
VirtualMichael
tliu1222 wrote:

They say that there is an awesome tempo-loser in d5, which is why it must be played.

Get a new computer with an opening database. That one stinks!

What do you mean by "They"?

mattyf9

chess.com's computer anaylsis is severly flawed.  I had a game analyzed once and on 2 occasions it told me that a move I made was a mistake and suggested the exact same move as the best move.  I know its convenient to use, but use another engine.  

Oecleus
NimzoRoy wrote:

All this hogwash about computers not being very reliable in the opening is just a waste of everone's time. Being told 1...c5 (or 1...c6 in my case) is inaccurate is a relatively recent occurence (here) and doesn't happen when I use Fritz 12 or any other engine. BUT I've noticed that some of us rely on our own opinions more than everyone else's facts.

Another symptom of corrupted software here is that the chess.com PC used to state "book move" (for up to 18 moves in my experience)  Now it states "book move" after White's first move and that's it. Not only a waste of time but another excuse to make up hogwash about computers lack of opening "skills." 

BTW chess software programs have no "opening skills" whatsoever. They use an "opening book" which was made up by humans and simply parrot out whatever they've been "told" or programmed to do.

It took the staff several wks to correct a major problem in create tnmts - advanced options so I'm hoping this problem will also get fixed eventually. Everyone interested should contact the staff directly via Help & Support to remind them but the problem hasn't gone away on its own.

Actually at this point any strong engine like houdini makes great opening moves, you just have to give it some time. While some computers are still weak in the opening, 3000+ engines really have no problem coming up with great moves.

Houdini actually comes up with 1...c5 eventually if you give it enough time. It may be its second or third suggestion but it still suggests it.

blasterdragon
Kikyo_Sushi wrote:

Actually,the Computer Analysis also gave a Suggested Line for 1...e6 n' 1...c5 :

It also said that my 3rd Move ( 3...e5 ) ,in this Game is an Inaccuracy :

.. n' that my 4th Move ( 4...Nf6 ), is a Mistake :

3rd move e5 is a innacuracy e6 is better

Kikyo_Sushi

.. but Why , it's juz a Different Line ?

( It's Recommended Move is 3...Nf6 )

blasterdragon
Kikyo_Sushi wrote:

its innacurate because now you have made the white bishop on c4 much more powerful and white can play Nf5 since he has played a move that controls d5

jamesb57

almost all GM's consider the sicilian to be black's best response to 1.e4! ignore what the computer says!

Kikyo_Sushi
uhohspaghettio wrote:
jamesb57 wrote:

almost all GM's consider the sicilian to be black's best response to 1.e4! ignore what the computer says!

Not true at all. 

I think Wiki says Sicilian is the Best too .

Kikyo_Sushi
blasterdragon wrote:
Kikyo_Sushi wrote:

its innacurate because now you have made the white bishop on c4 much more powerful and white can play Nf5 since he has played a move that controls d5

Ok,Tnx So Much,blasterdragon !

VirtualMichael
Kikyo_Sushi wrote:
uhohspaghettio wrote:
jamesb57 wrote:

Not true at all. 

I think Wiki says Sicilian is the Best too .

When my Shredder engine calculated Black's move after e4 for 9 hours, it presented a c5 line. In fact, the line it presented did not change in the remaining 3 and a half hours once it got about 5 and a half hours in.
(But interestingly enough, though, the line it presented ended up being a "French/Advance Variation."