Forums

Defences to the Parham Attack

Sort:
Scottrf
AcivilizedGentleman wrote:

Looks like the games/diagrams you normally post, only that his game had slightly better play.

Laughing

johnmusacha

What happened to our friend Gavin?  Did he get banned too?

Ben_Dubuque

nope he just gave up

shepi13

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/hurtheal-responses-to-the-open-game1e4-e5

Can someone kill the parham? It should only have 2 points left Laughing

johnmusacha

I'm still concerned about Gavin though.  Where is he?  Are you sure he wasn't banned?

Ben_Dubuque

yeah if he was the OP wouldn't be visable. plus I checked his profile he is still a member but I think he gave up on this site.

johnmusacha

How do you know that?  Are you friends with him off the site?

Ben_Dubuque

nope we live in different states. but I am just guessing. he hasn't posted at all today. maybe he just gave up because either

A. He thinks we are all to dumb because we think that the Parham is a fail

or

B. He thinks we are all trolls

I myself vote for

C. all of the above

finalunpurez

THe truth is he just rage quit! :)

johnmusacha

Maybe..but its late June.  Finals are usually in May and December.  Plus I figure he could still get on here every once in a while even if he was studying.

Ben_Dubuque

heck I was on here while I was studying

zborg

What will become of this thread without it's spiritual leader, @The_Gavinator?

One shudders to think of the ramifications.

Almost as cataclysmic as IM @Pfren shaving off his beard.    

johnmusacha

Ok, what you guys say about HS June finals makes sense.  I always assumed Gavin was in college or grad school though.

The_Gavinator
joeydvivre wrote:

@alexlaw - Do you really think that a guy from Chad is charging $375/hr for chess lessons from a 1000 player in a country with per capita yearly income of < $2000?  

Still a better deal than christiansoldier.

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
johnmusacha

Gavin, welcome back!  We are all worried about you...

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator
joeydvivre wrote:

Maybe Gavinator is just studying for his finals in school?  

That was almost as funny as when CS took the board with 2...g6 seriously.

Ben_Dubuque

Gavinator I actually know the stats average is around $10 an hour because I actually tried to get a job. but because the job market sucks balls right now no teen can. and I will be going to a 14 day camp and you are the one who was trolling. this site was great, then you showed up, then you went to camp and it was great again then you showed up and reignited discussions we didn't want to get to again. take this to your own group and leave the public alone. you have a paham group for a reason so you people can discus your pathetic opening. go there and do that.