Forums

Defences to the Parham Attack

Sort:
The_Gavinator

This is a Parham thread, you are the one trolling by not discussing the Parham in it.

chessgdt

59 pages on the parham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geez.

Ben_Dubuque

yeah but when a person makes that much it is measured in an annual salary not per hour. I mean there are jobs where you don't even need a colledge degree to make approxamately 75 bucks an hour. but you have to be willing to put up with a lot of crap. also don't mess with a redneck. or the son of a soldier.

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
1RedKnight99

This is similar to one of joeydvivre's lines.

Ben_Dubuque

Gavinator it is an underwater welder. Civilian side. you still have to get training. and you can only do it for 5 years. but actually most college educated people can't get a job at 60K a year because they major in something useless like English or Psycology... get a major in something using math and you will easily make that.

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
atarw

Heres a refute.

atarw

1. e4 e5 2. Qh5 Nc6 3. Bc4 g6 4. Qf3 Nf6 5. Ne2 Bg7 (5... d5 6. exd5 Nb4 7. Qb3 Nbxd5 8. Bxd5 Qxd5 9. Qxd5 Nxd5 10. O-O Bf5 

What do you think of my two lines, Gavinator???

The_Gavinator

After 6...Nb4, Bb5+ and I believe white is up at least a pawn. 5.d3 is bad, 5. Ne2.

atarw
snakesbelly wrote:

I have only recently started reading this thread and needless to say I did not work through the entire thing as there is too much. What I am about to say might have been mentioned before ,apologies if it has.

my personal response to the Parham would be 3...Nh6 and 4...g6 .

Don't think Nf6 is such a great move.

g6 would lose to Qxe5+, and Nh6 just looks bad.

Unless your goal is to lose.... :)

The_Gavinator

Actually Qxe5+ would hang the queen, nice one.

The_Gavinator

Since this thread has over 1300 comments, and the best defence found was joey's, which still isn't very good, I decided to establish official Parham theory in this thread:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-openings/establishing-parham-theory