Forums

Dzindzi-indian?

Sort:
killerminidoxin
2mooroo wrote:

I would immediately adopt this if it wouldn't get me Pircs all day long.

The Pirc is awesome. After 2. e4, you can either transpose into the Pirc (2...d6) or Sniper (2...Bg7).

killerminidoxin

I would prefer to transpose into the Pirc Defense because I am much more familiar with it and play it when white plays 1.e4 against me.

SilentKnighte5
Fear_ItseIf wrote:

has the sniper gained any popularity at GM level? or is it one of those 'patzers choice' lines

No GMs are regularly playing this in serious classical games.  Games exist in the database with GMs on the black side, but you don't see them using it multiple times.

lolurspammed

Well the Pirc has been played many times at super GM level. Kramnik and Topalov like it especially.

killerminidoxin

The Pirc Defense is a very solid system and allows black many chances to equalize very early in the game.

killerminidoxin

At the super GM level, its leading proponent is Alex Chernin.

killerminidoxin

Interesting. What are the win percentages from this position?

SilentKnighte5
camochesstwo wrote:

Interesting. What are the win percentages from this position?

Database says this is crushing for white (68%).  Pruned database of high quality, classical time control master games says it's never played. :)

Only found 1 game in that DB and it's between two guys I've never heard of.

http://chess-db.com/public/game.jsp?id=12800112.627143.44938496.26269

One reason it may not show in my pruned DB is that it requires all games to be a mininum of 25 moves or some such.  It's possible that there's a lot of miniatures out there, but even Chessbase Big Database shows only 2 games between two opponents of 2400+.

Interesting nonetheless.

Philidor1792

Is this Indian? As far as I know all "indians" characterized by 1.d4 Nf6. This looks likea a kind of Modern defense.

varelse1
Philidor1792 wrote:

Is this Indian? As far as I know all "indians" characterized by 1.d4 Nf6.

Thats what I always thought.

Invincible_Spryzen

I think it is a sniper