Easiest opening to learn for beginners ..

FLchessplayer a écrit :

This is a nice game that I just played today. Once in a while, I will still trot out the Colle, even against a higher-rated player. The last 10 tries is like 5 wins, 3 losses and two tough draws.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't this nice game just a draw position (56...Kd6) after a bunch of flat pieces exchanges in a 3 minutes game where your opponent lost on time?

Merovwig wrote:
    FLchessplayer a écrit :

This is a nice game that I just played today. Once in a while, I will still trot out the Colle, even against a higher-rated player. The last 10 tries is like 5 wins, 3 losses and two tough draws.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't this nice game just a draw position (56...Kd6) after a bunch of flat pieces exchanges in a 3 minutes game where your opponent lost on time?

I assume you mean "55...Kd6" as the game never reached move 56, and your comment automatically tells me that you need to study your endgames.

Is 55...Kd6 a draw? NO!  56.Kf6 and White wins after 56...Kd7 57.Kf7 Kd6 58.Ke8 and even if 58...Ke6, trying to claim opposition, what happens once the White King gets to b8?  You can't keep the King on c6 or c7, and Kb6 is illegal because of Black's own pawn, and so Kb7 is coming and with it the win for White.

Instead, 55...Kd7! is a dead draw.  Black maintains opposition!

ThrillerFan wrote:
    Merovwig wrote:
    FLchessplayer a écrit :

I assume you mean "55...Kd6" as the game never reached move 56, and your comment automatically tells me that you need to study your endgames.

Is 55...Kd6 a draw? NO!  56.Kf6 and White wins after 56...Kd7 57.Kf7 Kd6 58.Ke8 and even if 58...Ke6, trying to claim opposition, what happens once the White King gets to b8?  You can't keep the King on c6 or c7, and Kb6 is illegal because of Black's own pawn, and so Kb7 is coming and with it the win for White.

Instead, 55...Kd7! is a dead draw.  Black maintains opposition!

Since you're all so bloody clever why are you all keep losing? 1...g6 doesn't perform as expected?

or Join

Online Now