Forums

Epicness

Sort:
ExplosiveTroll
notmtwain

You should post the whole game so that we can answer questions like, why didn't black take the c pawn e.p.?

Hadron
notmtwain wrote:

You should post the whole game so that we can answer questions like, why didn't black take the c pawn e.p.?

Really? You ask such a question with your rating? Capturing a pawn en passant can only occur after a double move of a pawn from its starting position from the second (or seven) rank.

notmtwain
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

Really? You ask such a question with your rating? Capturing a pawn en passant can only occur after a double move of a pawn from its starting position from the second (or seven) rank.

Can you tell if the c pawn has moved one square or two from the diagram alone? I can't.

ExplosiveTroll

I'll repost that game. This is my first forum, so i'll complete the game thing

notmtwain
ExplosiveTroll wrote:

I'll repost that game. This is my first forum, so i'll complete the game thing

You can just edit your first post so that it shows the whole game and whatever comments you want to make. (Click edit and then click on the board placeholder figure in the edit box and lastly click the game edit icon (top left of the comment box) and you are able to edit the game posting.)

ExplosiveTroll

There you go. You can press play on this one.

ExplosiveTroll
notmtwain wrote:

thx for the analysis of the game. I feel so sad that i mised 2 mates earlier in the game though...

notmtwain
AngryBird5217 wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

Can you tell if the c pawn has moved one square or two from the diagram alone? I can't.

its kind of obvious how many squares it moved by noticing that it ended in checkmate.

Does the diagram say checkmate? No it doesn't. It just says 1-0, which could come from resignation. (Resignation was certainly justified.)

The thought about whether or not e.p. was possible was just a brief thought that prompted me to look for the score.   It took about 2 minutes to find.  The suggestion to the original poster about putting up the whole game was trying to be helpful. It's always interesting to see how something arises.

notmtwain
ExplosiveTroll wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

thx for the analysis of the game. I feel so sad that i mised 2 mates earlier in the game though...

That's nothing to be sad about. You played a great game.

Almost every win contains mistakes. It's good to look your games over- both wins and losses-- with a critical eye if you want to improve. 

ExplosiveTroll

thanks

Hadron
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

I think that the game score 10.c3 is a very big give away....

notmtwain
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

I had to go find the score. How can you not understand that the original post was/is just a position diagram?

Hadron
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

I had to go find the score. How can you not understand that the original post was/is just a position diagram?

I understand that fine but are you just debating your point just for the sake of something to do? How can you not realise that if the pawn could've been captured en prise then why wasn't it? Better still why would you post a score without first playing through it? Shoot first and ask questions later perhaps?

notmtwain
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Hadron wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

I understand that fine but are you just debating your point just for the sake of something to do? How can you not realise that if the pawn could've been captured en prise then why wasn't it? Better still why would you post a score without first playing through it? Shoot first and ask questions later perhaps?

No, I was trying to explain to you why I went looking for the score in the first place.  Many beginners don't know the e.p. rule and I thought it was possible that this might be such a case.  

After I had found the game in the archive, I looked it over quickly and after ruling out the possibility of e.p. capture at the end, I  noticed that there were two opportunities for one move mates that the o.p. had missed.  

I thought it was interesting enough to post.