Evans Gambit!

Ben_Dubuque

for favorite first move 1.e4, not because of rating, just cause it feels right

DrSpudnik

if it feels right, do it!

DrSpudnik

?

dbruser
My favorite is 1.Nc3, usually called the Durst or Van Geet opening (wikipedia gives 12 different names. ), and the Vienna Gambits, which I frequently transpose to after 1.Nc3 e5 2. e4 (usually arrived at by 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3) Nf6 3.f4 or 2... Nc6 3. f4.
dbruser
Dunst* not Durst
DrSpudnik
chrisr2212 wrote:

can you fix me doc ?

Let's see what's in the cabinet here... hmmm...nothing that'll really give you a thrill. Where's that prescription pad???

birdmove

I almost always use 1.e4 as white. If black answers 1.....e5, then I will either play 2.Bc4 the Bishops Opening, 2.Nf3 heading towards the Scoth Opening (2...Nc6 3.d4), or sometimes 2.Nc3.

I don't play the Bishops Opening with the intent of getting a 3 move mate. I play 2.Bc4 because it's solid and aggressive. I've read that the second move is too soon for white to tell where to put the f1 Bishop. But since black played 1....e5, instead of, say, 1....e6 French or 1...c6 Caro Kan, I think c4 is a fine place for whites Bishop.

I seem to get a pretty good game playing the Bishops Opening, and have no plan to abandon it any time soon.

kapishreshta
DrSpudnik wrote:

?

awwww...

yl25

kings gambit

kapishreshta

Scotch Gambit/Giucco Piano

chessblood

I don't mind the king's gambit. Ruy Lopez is another favorite.

benonidoni

QGD, Semi-Slav, SlavWink

snakery

Queens gambit

BBostrom

Reti, Any King's Indian Attack Variation!

The_Gavinator

Parham Attack, is almost an instant win after ...e5. Sometimes I get sick of instant wins however and play the queenside fried liver.

beardogjones

Check out the Veresov - it often transposes to a king pawn opening!

benonidoni

Gavinator: Wonder if you ever watch that comedy friends. The young guy behind the bar. Forget his name. Anyway he played Gary Kasparov in a friendly match back when Kasparov was world champion and the Friends star opened with the Parham Attack. Kasparov handled him quite easily.

The_Gavinator

I haven't, but I'm pretty certan Kasporav would wipe the floor with a majority of the people on this site, regardless of opening what they play Tongue out