Forums

fighting against the Sicilian English attack ?

Sort:
chessmaster102

I've decided to start seriously studying the black side of this line. (1.e4/c5 2.Nf3/d6 3.d4/cxd4 4.Nxd4/Nf6 5.Nc3/a6 6.Be3) 

any book suggestions ?

blasterdragon

there are alot of variations but the one i like is slightly different from the most popular which is 7.Be6 i like 7.Be7 and i like the Qc7 line where its hard for white to get his pawns rolling with the knight on H5 which blocks everything

blasterdragon

also i should point out

InfiniteFlash

8.h3 is a very playable quiet line too. If black is a bit rash, he ends up getting crushed. 

abiogenesis23

I've been playing the anti-English attack lately and it's pretty fun.  

InfiniteFlash
abiogenesis23 wrote:

ooooh pretty swirlie square.

abiogenesis23
Randomemory wrote:
abiogenesis23 wrote:

ooooh pretty swirlie square.

This site hates me lately.  

abiogenesis23
[COMMENT DELETED]
chessmaster102

and here we go agin with the diagrams messing upUndecided

chessmaster102
blasterdragon wrote:

there are alot of variations but the one i like is slightly different from the most popular which is 7.Be6 i like 7.Be7 and i like the Qc7 line where its hard for white to get his pawns rolling with the knight on H5 which blocks everything

looks nice the idea of Nh5 but my concern would be white playing Be2 followed

with f4 where white furthurs is attack and black having yet to play ...b5 is just defending.

Expertise87

At your level and mine the Najdorf is a terrible choice of opening. White gets a big development advantage in most mainlines and Black can't afford to make even the tiniest of mistakes. If you're an IM or GM and want to spend your life studying the intricacies of the Najdorf, go right ahead, but I would strongly advise against putting yourself through this mess.