Forums

How to Blast out Kings gambit???

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

here is a recent win I had with the KG

The_Gavinator

Lol only a 1450 on chesscube? I'm an 1850 bro, 1531s will fall for just about anything.

The_Gavinator

But to be serious, move 3 was an inaccuracy, Nf6 is better to attack e4 and to allow the d5 push. Just so you get an idea of how people this level play, here's a game I just had recently played on chesscube against a 1470:

Rubidium

If you want to play aggressively, play the danish.

It is not sound, (http://www.chess.com/article/view/danish-cracker)

but it will teach you more about attacking chess than your Qh5.

The danish: 1.e4 e5 2.d4 exd4 3.c3 dxc3 4.Bc4 cxb2 5.Bxb2

The_Gavinator

There's a well known line to take all aggressiveness out of the Danish, don't know it off the top of my head, but I've seen it a few times.

The_Gavinator

Lol I took exactly what you said and disproved it, you just can't deal with being wrong, so you attack me. Typical immature response.

And actually, he is a USCF 1700, you just are too stupid to see that...

The_Gavinator

whatupyodog

CHCL

I don't think Gavinator is going to tell you after he got banned.

travis1010

Gavinator, maybe if you played less dubious openings, you would be above 1250 uscf...  Not that openings matter much at your level.  Yet you seem to argue a lot (troll) about it here instead of playing games.

shepi13

Travis1010 is right, he's actually is at about 1250. They post USCF ratings publicly on their website, uschess.org. I would like to know who whatupyodog really was though, so we can see if he really was rated 1700+ (doubtful).

The_Gavinator

Damn you all look pretty freaking dumb now...

Ben_Dubuque

used to is the key word, anyway, that was very kind whatup, change of heart maybe, seem nice. Gavinator is still the same old Gavinator, calling people dumb and well, yeah, anyway, my opponent didn't fall for anything in that KG on the last page, I would suggest you remove the Parham game because it isn't pertanent to the forum topic, also what was the Time control.

The_Gavinator

15 minutes, I was just giving an example of how 1400's on chesscube play.

Ben_Dubuque

well you already said that, wow that is suprising that that is 15 min, I normally play 15 30 and 60 min games, yet for some reason I can't stop playing so quickly.

The_Gavinator

Maybe that's why you're rated so low :P. Just think before you go.

shepi13

I'm shocked to find out that a 1600-1700 would play the parham. At my chess club all they play is both sides of the queen's and bogo indian. Gets quite boring after a while. 1800's to 2000's are more fun, they play sharp lines such as the botvinnik and anti-moscow, as well as some major pawn sacs in the dutch benoni, and play goes wild (I usually lose very quickly in sharp variations I don't understand very well). Most GM level players I've played play slower openings that aren't flat out repetitive and boring, and get a slight advantage out of the opening. Players lower than my rating (currently 1500, but underated) are the ones who play random openings such as the budapest, parham, random double fianchetto's, etc. Granted I always play at the same club so I'm usually playing the same people everytime. I'll get to see some new players this week at the Chicago open, a much bigger tournament.

shepi13

I can offer trends though, and I'm not underated because I've played on chesscube or something, I'm underated because I only started playing chess in december or so.

2012-06 1554 1430  
  2012-05 1339 1256  
  2012-04 1326 (P25) 1212 (P22)  
  2012-03 1239 (P16) 1224 (P16)  
  2012-02 1096 (P08) 1074 (P08)  
  2011-12 694 (P04) 686 (P04)

My rating has been increasing at 100+ rating points a month, which is probably an indication that I'm underated.

shepi13

Unless of course my chess is showing extreme improvement, which at this point I find slightly doubtful as I have been too busy to study chess much.

The_Gavinator

Well studying doesn't really do stuff until you're like 1800, you just gotta not mess up (me too)

The_Gavinator

That's it.